Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

102 - 36 seals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 102 - 36 seals
    Posted: October-15-2013 at 1:43pm
does anyone have seals for a 102 model 36 that they want to sell? I picked one of these guns up but the seals are shot in it. I want to try and avoid buying them from a repair shop because they try and charge so much for shipping.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 7:22pm
Jim Coplen or Dennis Baker are a good source. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 8:18am
I never delt with Jim Coplen but Dennis Baker is who I got the gun from. I wish I would have known the seals were bad when I got the gun from him because I would have got the seals right then from him. He charges like $7 for shipping and I really am trying not to pay a ton of money just for seals for a BB gun that really isn't a higher end gun. (I don't want to have more money into it then it's really worth)
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 6:41pm
I have 2 of these 36's, the 1962 plastic stock one I picked up at a flea market, oiled it, and it shoots extremely hard, the other earlier Plymouth model I disassembled to inspect, and it has modern rubber type seal and plunger that the model 25 uses( you can get these pretty cheap from Daisy Outdoor Products). They're not high end guns, but I shoot them all the time, great for indoors, and youngsters.[/IMG]
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 8:59pm
Shipping is a killer but $7 is not excessive. Actual shipping is probably $4 the extra $3 is for time spent. Have you tried putting 10 drops of ATF or non detergent 30 weight down the barrel and leaving it barrel up for a day or two. Leather seals will swell and it may bring her back to life a little. 
daisyhunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 4:26pm
I'm throwing a 102-36  away e-mail me at gsanderson1568@charter.net may be work out deal  Gary
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 9:07am
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'm going to take a ride over to Dennis bakers today to hopefully get the seals I need. I actually picked up another 102-36 the other day and it also needs seals plus Dennis said he just picked up a model B shot tube and I need one for another gun that I got off him so I figured I'd make another trip to his shop.
Thanks for the offer Gary, I will let you know if I don't get everything I need from Dennis and need something from your gun.
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2013 at 6:43am
Well I was able to get everything I need for the guns plus some. Weird....seems like everytime I go to see him my BB gun collection grows. Just can't walk out of there without at least one more BB gun that I came in with.   ;)
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2013 at 8:22pm
It's a sickness we all share. Happy shooting. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic