Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

111-40 v2 and 300 scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 111-40 v2 and 300 scope
    Posted: February-27-2020 at 10:33pm
Just fyi, this has sold. But enjoy the post!

Presenting an interesting offering:  

The 111-40: I bought the gun from JG a bunch of years ago.  It is a metal lever (not aluminum) wood stock and grip gun, with a very stout cocking feel.  They must've refreshed its spring.  The bluing is surprisingly good, and I don't think it has been restored.  It wasn't listed as having been so.  The lever arm screw's nut looks a little odd, so it was probably replaced.  The real bite in the butt with the gun is that stock.  It seems too new to be a stock from the correct era.  That safety sticker on the side is kind of a hint too.  It is a wood Red Ryder stock, with the stamping on the correct side.  I just don't know from when.

The 300 scope:  I bought that on ebay, also a bunch of years ago.  Its finish is a little worse than the gun's, with thin spots in the bluing.  But overall, it isn't too bad.  I bought a reproduction mount and eye bell, put it together, and just kind of admired it over the years.  It was in the "lookers" not the "shooters" rack.

Fast forward to now, and I have other things afoot that could certainly benefit from my selling these pieces.  As the scope is far from perfect (but still good), and the gun is good, but doesn't have the right stock, and the repro mount and eyepiece aren't cheap, I'd be happy with $200 plus shipping, as it is.  I'd be interested to hear what others might think it is worth, and might take offers.  And feel free to write for more / better / bigger pictures.  Ltssvn@gmail.com

Here are a bunch more pictures.  If nothing else, enjoy the gallery!  And as always, thanks for looking.

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2020 at 10:16am
You are correct that it has 'new' wood. Daisy used those yellow stickers when they reintroduced the Red Ryder in the 70"s (?). Original gun may have had a cracked or broken stock.
The price sounds reasonable.
Gary

Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2020 at 10:21am
BurghDude,

I think your asking price is really fair.  I personally think the 300 scope is worth at least that much.  I have been extremely successful in selling and making a tidy profit on Model 300 scopes on eBay.  If I were you, I would sell the scope on eBay.  I certainly would not take less than the $200 that you are asking.  Just my opinion. 

Star

Steve
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2020 at 1:10pm
It has sold! Thanks for looking.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2020 at 6:33pm
Congrats V , it looked lie a nice one .

Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2020 at 8:47pm
The V2 is one of the rarest 111-40s. I also have one (no scope on mine) but the scope was already being made when the 111-40 began, so it's "correct" as far that goes. 

The "new" stock could have come from a No. 1938 Red Ryder Carbine from 1972 until they went to the RH logo sometime in 1975.

And the price was very reasonable in my opinion.
PappyWagner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PappyWagner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2020 at 1:02pm
Wow, that is a beautiful gun !
I appreciate the detailed photos !
I've been meaning to make my own tube site for fun/aesthetics out of copper pipe.
Maybe I'll get to it being off from work with the Corona Virus stuff going on. 
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie ?"
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2020 at 4:04pm
anyone know of a source of information that explains/gives details of all the #111 Mod 40 varients? I have 2 of the first ones with the copper bands, but don't know how to determine the other six in my rack. What are the specifics of the V2 mentioned above?

Marv, NW OH
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2020 at 4:56pm

I'm wondering about that v2 also.
   Hopefully someone will have the answer.   
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2020 at 5:40pm

According to the Daisy Encyclopedia, the v2 guns would be identical to the v1 variants except the barrel band and forearm bands were blued instead of copper plated. The v3 variation was the same as v2 except for a silk screened stock. These were the only pre-war variations. 

Does anybody have a picture of a silk screened stock they could share? I've never seen one for sale.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic