Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

.180 Lead BBs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .180 Lead BBs
    Posted: April-07-2011 at 6:28am
I have a 1917 vinatge Daisy Model 25 that shoots the larger (.180) lead BBs . Is there a source of supply for this old ammo?
Side question: I haven't looked into this yet, but would BB shot for/from a shotgun shell be of the proper diameter ?

Al
Ahowell
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 8:18am
It is my understanding that the purpose of lead shot is that it can be swaged w/o damaging the end of the shot tube; if you use steel Bbs you could damage the end of the shot tube and then the BB's would eventually just roll out of the barrel.  I am not an expert, am just attempting to relate to you what I have read in some of the posts on the subject.

The shot tubes that are safe to use have a stick like spring device on the air tube end of the shot tube, readily identifiable; if the shot tube does not have tht stick spring, then lead BBs are the order of the day. 

Lead is sort of frowned upon today but www.PyramydAir.com might carry lead shot for the older model BB guns.
semper fi
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 9:36am
Hey guys
Think I remember trying to shoot regular bbs from an old 25 and it wouldn't work and then someone told me I needed the old lead bbs.Never did take the time to look for them
stevec
bilbobaggins View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbobaggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 11:13am
Use Beeman Perfect Rounds, available from most air gun shops.
BB
ahowell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2011 at 5:12am
Thanks BB, I'll get some this weekend and try them out.

Al
Ahowell
ahowell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2011 at 9:11am
Willielumplump,
FYI, I just got an e-mail back from Pyramid Air and they no longer carry the .180 BBs. Next step is to check out BB's recommendation on Beeman Perfect Rounds.

Al
Ahowell
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2011 at 7:36am
I called PyramydAirs purchasing agent last year and she indicated that they would no longer carry the lead BBs; don't know why because if lead is the issue, they still sell lead pellets.
semper fi
ahowell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 10:05am

.180 BB situation resolved. I attended the Findlay, Ohio "Toys that Shoot" gunshow this weekend and John Groenewold of jgairguns.biz carries the Lead BBs. I'm going to order the BBs from his website jgairguns.biz. Thanks to Willielumplump, BB and Stevec for your help.

Al
Ahowell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic