Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1866 Cowboy Outlaw Repeater

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2020 at 6:24pm
OK folks I finally got a chance to shoot my new 1866 , it's a winner , some confusion on rifled barrel or not , my box says it is , I can tell you that with 5 pumps at a modest 25 feet my pellets were in a less than dime sized group , as much as I do not like shooting BB's from a rifled barrel I did and the results other than being a bit higher on the target were just as accurate , pretty hard for my old eyes to see the front sight and the target as I need close up glasses for the sights  and weak one's for far away so many of you will have better looking targets , I did try to insert a fiber optic into the hollow front sight but no go as there is no way for light to get in and finally just tapped a toothpick in the sight and painted it blaze orange ...yes it takes away a bit from the beauty of the rifle but man I need all of the help I can get LOL , anyway I found it easy to load buy just dropping a pellet while holding the rifle sideways and they just roll in , about like a Crosman 2200 /2100 and of course BB's just load them selves with a magnet , love the rifle and it has a perfect feel to it , pumps very easy to 5 pumps and haven't seen the need for more pumps as it hits very hard , not the best trigger in the west but will break in a bit and smooth out , keep a cloth handy as your fingerprints will stand out on the gold finish like the Henry's do , good quality for a modest price , I would have no problem recommending one to a friend and heck it's wall art too . Well there is my two cents .  
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2020 at 7:33pm
Good write-up and good to hear it's a winner. So far, I've not heard anything that would make me take pause on getting one.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2020 at 7:39pm
thanks M , yes all pretty positive from what I have seen and experienced , hope to get a chance to shoot it outside tomorrow and hoping the color on the front sight helps a bit .
Realshooter
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2020 at 9:48pm
I picked one up at Walmart yesterday and it's a nice looking gun, has some nice weight to it and the stock is heavier where it attaches to the gun frame.  Haven't had a chance to shoot it but will soon.  It's everything that Dannop2 says it is.  It has a bright gold finish on the receivers, I wonder if the Goldenboy looked like this when it was new in 1970.  It does resemble the Winchester 1866 Yellowboy quite a bit, they did a good job.
Ride and Have Fun
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2020 at 1:06am
I got one last week.

Have only tried pellets in it (7.9 gr. Crosman Hollow Points).

Nice accurate airgun. Pumping it up to 5-7 pumps, for my 25 ft. basement range. Very tight groupings. Better with lighter targets, as peephole in front sight.

Have not tried BB's in it yet, as steel BB's are real great on the rifling in barrels.

Loading the pellets takes a little practice.

Dennis Adler is currently doing a series of reviews on it. So far very positive.

FYI, Walmart is selling it for $59. For that price it's a great value. While your are there, get one for yourself and a Red Ryder for the kids, and it will set you back less than $85.

Anyone know how many steel BB's it takes to damage the rifling in the barrel?
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2020 at 6:55pm
Now on sale for $30 at Walmart.

Super crazy price.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by BB1Shooter BB1Shooter wrote:

Now on sale for $30 at Walmart.

Super crazy price.

I just clicked on the website and found that they are out of stock and the price is just under $60. I don't think they are carried in the stores. I wonder if Walmart underestimated the demand?
Air-It-Is
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2020 at 6:35pm
At a price of $30, which is $50 less than most everywhere, did not suspect it would stick around long.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2020 at 9:01pm
It could be a pre-production photo or the camera angle,  but Alder's photo looks very different than the polished brass look of the gun seen elsewhere.

Alder's:

Pyramyd Air's:

Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2020 at 9:16pm
Now $20 at Walmart for any remaining stock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic