Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1894 early magazine tube damage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1894 early magazine tube damage
    Posted: October-15-2018 at 10:19pm
Early 61 - 62 feed tube
This is a test of inserting a picture into this new topic.  I think I figured it out.

The two bottom magazines are the 1894 early magazine tubes from 1961 - 62 that slide out when the plug screw on the end either breaks or comes loose and the threads on the barrel clamp screw scratch the tube as it slides past.  This is caused by firing the gun and generating a jolt with a feed tube full of bb's and the tension on the feed tube spring pushing forward on the magazine.
Daisy drilled a hole in the magazine tube and put a pin in the inside of the barrel clamp to remedy this problem as shown in the picture on the top.
I've found a couple of guns that has the newer clamp installed on the barrel with the pin and the old original magazine with no hole in the tube, causing a gap in the ends of the clamp.
Ride and Have Fun
twocompassheads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2018 at 12:05am
This is a better picture, no cropping

The top band is the newer one with the pin built in, the bottom one is the old style without from early 1961 - 62 guns
Ride and Have Fun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2018 at 12:07am
This is the way the first picture should look.  I had cropped it a little to much.
Ride and Have Fun
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2018 at 8:33am
I'm not familiar with the 1894 but the photos show the effectiveness of Daisy's repair for the problem. Good job on the photos, too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2018 at 12:45am
Thanks Cobalt327, it took about an hour of playing around before I got it, then went back to get another picture and forgot the sequence because I tried so many and then found it.  
  I have some pictures of gun changes and modifications that Daisy made, also some tools to make the job easier.  I'll be posting those, it will help out the people getting into the 1894's
Ride and Have Fun
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2018 at 1:41pm
Everyone talks about how difficult the 1894 can be to work on and even though there has been some very good info posted here, I'm sure that will be welcomed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic