Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1894 Spittin Image

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by the fuse the fuse wrote:

I wonder if Daisy didn't use "I" before 1972's big change.
Not sure.
brent72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brent72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2017 at 5:39pm
Hello,

Thanks for the information about value. I have to say for certain that the registration number does definitely start with an "I". So Daisy must have used "I" prior to 1972.

Now my next question: What is wrong if 1. Bbs can be heard to roll back and forth in the barrel. 
2. The cocking mechanism is still firm and it half cocks the hammer when the lever is pulled down and back. 3. The hammer will can be placed in full cock by pushing the trigger forward at the same time. 
4. When the trigger is pulled makes a pronounced "thump" 5. ,But no BB exits the barrel? I tested this by placing a tissue rubber-banded to the end of the barrel. No hole is produced.

Is it possible that the BBa  were not loaded correctly or that something is obstructing a BB in the barrel. I know that these are often posted by others as problems.  Or despite what appears to be a working gun the seals are no longer viable. 

What is also wrong if bbs appear in the cocking mechanism or when the sliding the loading spring a bb flies out. I understand that to properly have bbs load the barrel needs to be held down and the spring pulled down then pulled back to push bbs from the storage into the firing mechanism 
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2017 at 4:58pm
fuse....
Send me your e=mail address.
I have something to share with you.
Marv
Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic