Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1938A Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2017 at 7:34pm
Yep, it was a bitter-sweet day when I exchanged a lively hobby along with dialog with Daisy Nuts forf cold cash, but at 82, like Kenny Rogers sings, gotta know when to fold 'em.  It is remarkable how quickly one forgets the details of the Daisy brand, but with Gary Garber's Encyclopedia, it is easy to refresh one's memory.  I used to keep a 3x5 card on every specimen that I acquired, from whom, date, price, shipping, and repair data; also what variation.  Gave 'em up with the guns, but still hve the cards of the sales.

I still check in once in a while; spending time shooting up my cal. .45, trying to regain proficiency after a 40 year abstinenceConfusedConfused

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement and kind words.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU DAISY NUTS AND TO YOUR FAMILIES!!!!
semper fi
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2017 at 9:16pm
Hey...how does it feel to be 82?
I'm only 81...birthday was in September, so you could just barely be an older brother.
I have 6 of your guns...bought thru e-bay...fxtoys...
I also am selling...have at least 12 on e-bay right now...
A really nice double model 21, and a couple "custom" built just to my specs.
At last count I had just a few over 200 !!!!!
Have a good one.
Marv
Marv, NW OH
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 10:56am
I guess that I am the young whipper snapper at only age 68.  I certainly enjoy reading posts of everyone on this site.  I appreciate and respect the wisdom of age and experience of those who share on DT.  I too have one of your guns I bought on Ebay auction.  It is the like new 107 trombone pump with the beautiful silk screening of the hunter and birds on it.  I had not seen that particular screening before.  As a bonus, I also got the box it came in.  Thanks Will!  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Star 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 4:12pm

ETA, had asked about the cards but fxtoys got back to me already to tell me someone "bought the cards for their collection". That was one wise buyer- they were priceless to someone wishing to put a data base together like I'm trying to do. I never even saw them for sale! Oh well. I figure I'll post around some and maybe, just maybe I can get in touch with their new owner.

zoro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 4:19pm
Be careful bidding with fxtoys-

BID RIGGING

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 4:41pm
That's... troubling. I went through his post pretty fast but I did click on some of the links that others added in later posts that seem to confirm it. But the first post in that link was from exactly 4 years ago (weird) so maybe it's been cleared up by now.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2017 at 4:56pm
Do you mean my 3x5 cards that I maintained on my collection?   I still have a deck of 3x5 cards of the specimens that I sold over a period of 9 years.

semper fi
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2017 at 4:58pm
Wow, you snagged 6 of my olde beauties!!  Wish I could have had the time to list them, but there was no way , I have Windows 10, and had a very difficult time doing what I did with Windows 7; 10 sucks.

semper fi
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2017 at 4:51pm
Windows 10

I agree with you Willie, Windows 10 sucks! And it's not because i'm 81.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
pmo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by oldwizzer oldwizzer wrote:

Windows 10

I agree with you Willie, Windows 10 sucks! And it's not because i'm 81.

Ejwills.
What kind of problems have you and Willie been having with Windows 10 ?.....PHIL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic