Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1938A Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2017 at 8:30pm
I resisted Win 10 for as long as we could. Our old computer finally died. We bought a new computer last summer. Had to come with Win 10. It was different and took a bit of getting used to but it was a later version and integral to the new computer. May make a difference. Now it gives me no issues. I have heard horror stories from folk who switched in the beginning on their existing machine back in the beginning. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
pmo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2017 at 10:52pm
I was offered Windows 10 as an FREE upgrade...I had no problems with the upgrade and was curious when others complained about service from Windows 10....were there specific problems that were common....or just general bad service?
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2017 at 1:59am
I'm a new member and am just curious.
What's the difference between a No 1938 and a 1938A?
Thank You
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2017 at 10:07am
Welcome Ford. One thing I saw is the 1938A was only produced in 1979. I believe some factory re-worked guns were marked 1938AB. This might have been to cure a problem with the trigger/safety assembly. According to the Daisy Airgun Collectors Guide, the models using 1938, A, B, etc. were from 1972 and newer.

The Guide can be ordered from the Daisy Museum. That's where I got mine.

Airitis.
Air-It-Is
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2017 at 4:33pm
The 1938 is basically a remake of the D 111 mod. 40 with very little difference. The 1938A was very different in lots of ways. As I undersand it the 1938A is basically a 1938B with a defective safety. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 4:57pm
The 1938 has the rapid feed where you twist the top of the muzzle and the loading tube is exposed; the 1938A has a plastic loading door on the left side of the barrel where you press it up and it exposes a square hole to load the BBs
Semper Fi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic