Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1938A Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2017 at 11:50pm
So the Millennium trigger and 38B trigger are different? I would have thought any 38B since the inception would be identical aside from cosmetics? 

I'm not sure about the recall issue either. I can say that this one will lock into the ready position and when the trigger is pulled it fires. When the safety is in place it doesn't fire. 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2017 at 12:15am
The 1938B plastic trigger with the crossbolt safety was first made w/o the anti-beartrap rack. I'm not sure just when the rack was introduced but it was after 2000. Just a hunch but the anti-beartrap might have started when the Red Ryder began being made in China, around 2006.
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2017 at 12:20am
Great info, thank you. 
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2017 at 11:15pm
I sent an email to the Museum this evening with some questions about the 1938A. When I get a response, assuming they can provide answers I'll post them. Here is what I asked...

When were they manufactured? 
How long were they manufactured? 
How many were manufactured?
What specifically was wrong with the rifle?
When one was received for the recall what specifically was done to it?
Was it stamped with -B after the original 1938A stamping? Was it silk screened 1938A-B? I have heard both.
How many did Daisy receive back to perform the recall on? 
Were the lot numbers of those guns recorded so that one could tell if theirs had been repaired or not via the recall?

I feel like I asked a lot of questions, but did I forget anything?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2017 at 1:38am
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

3. UNKNOWN. Came to me in a pile of hardware, would like to know what it fits
4. 1938B
Earlier I had wondered what the "#3" trigger went to. I think I may have found it. Notice the short, almost straight trigger blade and especially the small molded tab on the trigger housing that is just above the trigger blade. That's not on any other plastic modular trigger I've seen.

Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2017 at 2:33pm
I think you're onto something. It definitely looks like a match.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2017 at 9:04pm
Pretty cool- now if I had the rest of a 225 I'd be in business! lol
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2017 at 11:00pm
As it turns out the trigger in my early 1938B looks the same as the trigger from my A. And the B trigger is broken in an almost identical manner as well. The A trigger is a bit worse, and one of the two springs has come out of it as well. The plunger assemblies are very similar as expected, but not exactly the same. I don't know if it's anything that would keep one from working with one trigger or another or not. 

I've learned something else as well... The forearms and barrel bands changed over the years. The 1938, 1938A, and early 1938B have a larger ID barrel band than the later 1938B. This of course means there was a change in the taper of the forearm on the later guns for some reason. I figured this out because the new forearm band I bought will absolutely not fit onto the early forearm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic