Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1961 DAISY MODEL 97 BB GUN RICOCHET SOUND RARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFCKAGAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1961 DAISY MODEL 97 BB GUN RICOCHET SOUND RARE
    Posted: November-05-2017 at 4:52pm
1961 DAISY MODEL 97 BB GUN RICOCHET SOUND $300
This is the Daisy "Model 97" Lever Action BB Gun with 'Ricochet' Sound Effect built into the forward chamber. This apparently was only made for the year 1961, and has the patent number: '2,758,586.' This also has the registration number: G274569 This is a rather rare Daisy and indeed does have an odd and interesting feature in the Faux Ricochet!  Mainly due to the fact it made the ricochet sound and most kids hated that sound after a while because it scared off the birds that they were shooting at. That usually led to the removal of the mechanism that made the sound, and that's why only one year of production and hard to find in working condition.
This one works just fine and still has a strong blast, as well as the Ricochet sound. The gun is 35" long, and has overall light handling wear.
Extremely Rare Vintage Daisy Model No. 97 Ricochet Sound BB Rifle and Rarely Come Up for Sale
- Produced one year 1961 !
- Perfect working as manufactured !
- Stenciling on forearm surviver !
- Shoots Strong !
- Great Collectable Daisy for any Collection !
- Will Ship For Free !

Email me if you would like to see photo's : sfckagan@sbcglobal.net
Thanks,
Dave
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2017 at 6:01pm
Thanks for photos and welcome to Daisy Talk.

ETA, There was a discrepancy in the reg. no. that has been corrected.

The photos below are the model 97 being sold by SFCKAGAN. I'm posting them so they can be enjoyed by all.

Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2017 at 6:43pm
I have a couple of these and they both look like the photos. Daisy also made a pop gun just like the BB gun under a different model number. They are a fun gun.
Just my 2 Cents
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2017 at 6:48pm
Pls. disregard.
SFCKAGAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFCKAGAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2017 at 8:21pm
Reg # G274569, I didn't change it when copying an old add from 2008. corrected the reg # in the add. thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Thanks,
Dave
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2017 at 8:52am
I have a pop gun and several of these. Two of them have the most warped stocks I have ever seen.
Must have been a bad year for what ever they made the stock from.
Cobalt-yours looks nice and straight.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2017 at 9:08am
Originally posted by SFCKAGAN SFCKAGAN wrote:

Reg # G274569, I didn't change it when copying an old add from 2008. corrected the reg # in the add. thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Thank you. Edited my posts to reflect this, and again- nice gun, don't think I've seen a better one- I've read the silk screening was easily lost to normal play wear. Interesting these guns could have gold or black levers. I believe there was a JC Higgins version that had a lighter colored stock but haven't been able to locate a good photo.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Bavaria55n Bavaria55n wrote:

I have a pop gun and several of these. Two of them have the most warped stocks I have ever seen.
Must have been a bad year for what ever they made the stock from.
Cobalt-yours looks nice and straight.
Gary
You're right about the warped stocks- most I've seen photos and descriptions of mention the stocks and forearms being warped.

For the record, the photos of the model 97 above is the same exact gun being sold by SFCKAGAN in the first post. It IS a very nice one!

Mark
SFCKAGAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFCKAGAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 10:18am
Thanks Mark for posting the photo's for the 97. You can definitely see a slight curve in the stock. From what I have seen and read, I think that all of the models with the plastic stocks, develop a curve to some degree. Just the nature of the material that they used back then. With plastic stocks, it's important to store them flat.
Thanks,
Dave
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 5:59pm
Not sure that storing them flat would even help. I believe the curve develops from changes in temp and slight stresses that developed when the cheap plastic cooled to harden.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic