Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20th Century on eBay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20th Century on eBay
    Posted: November-12-2017 at 4:36pm
Just saw it has topped $600.00 with 2 hours left to go.
Rick Cates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 7:33pm
Good deal for the seller.
More than I would have paid for that condition.
I would pay up for condition but this one did not have it.
I have one in better shape however, I did not pay nearly that much for it.
I am thinking my collection is worth more than I thought.
When I am gone the Daisy Museum gets it all but the one each of the kids wants and 2 each for each of the grandkids.
I guess if they sell them off on ebay they will do very well.
My 2 Cents from TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2017 at 8:31am
About the best thing that can be said for it is it's all there. It's been laid on its side for many years by the looks of how one side is rusted badly while the other side is much nicer. Shame it wasn't stored properly- it could have been a decent gun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2017 at 9:48am
What we have to remember is these were kids toys in the day and we all know how kid sometimes take care of things. I know I let my original BB gun get away as a teenager. I loaned it to a friend and never got it back. At that time I was more into hunting and shotguns. I wish I had kept it closer but we all know how hindsight is.
In the part of Texas I live in BB guns and old ones for sure are pretty scarce. Being retired and travelling does allow me to hunt them across the country. They just seem to be harder to find than years ago. More collectors or less supply I am not sure but the hunt is still fun.
Happy Collecting Everyone
Rick in TX
Airitis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 8:04am
Well Rick, I guess I'm lucky to live in the east. Can't seem to go to an antique mall or flea market without seeing Daisy's. This year has been good for bargains too!    Someday you should give PA a try.
Air-It-Is

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 9:05am
Airitis, I have been thru PA several times and have purchased a few there in the past.
I even bought one at the Hershey PA car show and swap meet a few years back.
The swap meet there has most anything you would ever collect along with lots of car parts.
The car show is also the best I have ever attended.  I saw cars there I have never seen anywhere else.
I live in the TX Panhandle and this area was sparsely populated until WW2 and after and gained population in the 1950's to 60's so the old ones were just not here.
Being retired we can now live anywhere we want but this is home since the wife and I grew up here and she has sisters close here.
I guess travelling to find the bb guns makes the trip more fun anyway.
Just My 2 Cents
Airitis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 1:53pm
Thanks for the tip, Rick. maybe next year I'll give it a try.
Air-It-Is
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 8:47pm
What did it end up selling for?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 8:53pm
$608.99
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic