Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2202 Bolt Action

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VALMET223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2202 Bolt Action
    Posted: September-01-2018 at 8:18pm
Its been several years since I saw this come up but does anyone have a picture of the trigger group of the 2202 with the side plate off? The sear does not move with the trigger at all and all the pieces look ok but a small spring. I cant figure where to put it or any way to make the trigger lower the sear. Maybe its missing a piece? If anyone has the image or can take a pic ID APPRECIATE it a LOT.
**If you remove the 2 screws you can pry/lift up the side plate and none of the internals move or fall out of position. Leave the 2 pins in and lift the side plate off of them. I cant figure this out and Ive worked on many many more complicated...well, the obvious is what usually stops me up. HELP
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2018 at 3:41pm
this should help .

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ogwlresources/Files/1440218137.pdf

paste this in your browser.

Its a pdf file - google this if the top doesn't work-Gun Digest of Rim fire Rifles Assembly/ Disassembly - Amazon S3

Let us know how you make out. You may have to scroll down several pages on google to find it. The Daisy 2202 is on page 117 of the Digest.

Ejwills.

Ejwills
VALMET223 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VALMET223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2018 at 9:25pm
THANK YOU!!!  I was able to confirm that nothing was missing. That spring  sits vertical under the sear. My sear does not have the notch in  it! its a flat bottom. Thats what threw me as I couldnt figure out what holds the spring in place. I think the spring bulged or bowed out to the side and thats why it was horizontal when I opened it and it would not fire. I already put it back together and it works or Id take it apart to photo. Any reason for this? Was there an earlier or later type or a different one for the trigger group of the single shot or something? I know that makes no sense, but im just guessing at anything.
If it happens again, Ill cut a notch in the bottom. Ive done similar repairs and fixes to all sorts of strange items Ive had in my rather large collection. Just enough to locate or hold the top of the spring in place so it doesnt slide to either side. Other option is to drill a tiny hole and put a short post. Just enough to hold it in place once again and short enough to not be an issue under full compression. I have loads of tiny springs I can replace it wih if needed.
THANKS AGAIN for that link. I have 2 of those books but from the 70s so they predate these rifles
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2018 at 10:32am
Your welcome. Glad to be of help.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic