Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

25 Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 25 Question
    Posted: March-13-2017 at 6:14pm
This one has the scrolling, pistol grip, 5 ring long throw, and what is odd it has an adjustable front sight. Could this gun be original? Last I checked the adj front sight guns were straight stock short throws. It does have the claw on the pump handle.

Thanks
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2017 at 6:32pm
Sounds like a Frankenstein gun. Adj front sights were 1914 - 1917. Long throws came out in 1927. They did make a long throw with pistol grip and old style frame around 1929 -30. The claws ended in 1933. Scroll work came in 1936. All of these parts are interchangeable. Adj front sight guns are hard to come by. Would be cool to see pics of it.
Be Independent!
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2017 at 6:48pm
Not likely that you have an original condition 25. The last time Daisy made an adjustable front sight was in 1917 or so. Your front end should be a sort throw with five grooved pump handle. The engraved (scrolled) receiver didn't come in till 1936......20 years later. Sounds like somebody put an early 25 barrel/power plant on a later and much prettier back half. Is the take down screw the big penny sized style?
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2017 at 6:49pm
Whoooops I'm a bit behind. Would be cool to see pics. 
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2017 at 4:22pm
It's on GB, search "claw 25". The front end looks like a original early unit, receiver looks like a later version. If it can be had cheap enough the front would probably be worth it.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2017 at 6:28pm
Yup that is a 1st variant 25 barrel. You should do well with it. There are not many of them left. Someone may have an early rear end in good condition but a rough barrel. If I were you, I would make a big deal out of it being a first var. barrel assembly. Only made for a year or so in 1914. If the trigger won't engage, the trigger spring may not be installed correctly. In any event that's a nice set. I'd be tempted to sell them separately. 
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2017 at 7:37pm
Definitely first variant barrel. It won't work with the later recievers as the sear and plunger are totally different designs. This changed to the riveted in trigger sear and tab style plunger around 1917 which is the normal style. I got lucky to find my 1st variant and even luckier to find the right shot tube. That name there looks familiar. I think he is a member here.
Be Independent!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic