Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

35th Christmas Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 35th Christmas Dream
    Posted: December-22-2017 at 12:44pm
I received my 35th anniversary Red Ryder Christmas Dream. Never have ordered a commemorative before but really glad I did this time. Gave me that feeling of opening a new coveted treasure as it was when I was a kid. My wife wonders when I intend to "grow up". Um.....NEVER!!
Air-It-Is
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2017 at 2:22pm
Got mine earlier this summer...
$69 + postage...not a bad deal.
Check them on e-bay...some are listed for $175....and Daisy still has many available.
Just thinking....maybe I should buy the last 1000 and make a 300% profit.
Oh well !!!!! 
Marv, NW OH
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2017 at 4:24pm
Yeah, Marv. Mine was numbered 297 / 2500. I count myself lucky. The price of stuff on ebay is laughable. Not interested in shopping there. Besides, the only thing I invest in this hobby is FUN not $$. The $69 + shipping I paid was an investment in smiles....and well worth it!
Air-It-Is
OK Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2017 at 4:34pm
I bought two of the new Christmas Dreams. I haven't opened either of them, but may open one on Christmas eve just for the fun of it.

I'll never grow up!
Friend of the Daisy Museum #353

Being a kid with a Daisy-priceless
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2017 at 11:46pm
What are the stampings on the receiver/barrel shroud? Do they carry a special Lot No.?

I'm happy to see the forearm band really is copper plated and is not that cheesy looking goldish-tone steel band that Daisy sells as "brass" under part number 133748-300 ($2.00).

Anyone plan on actually shooting theirs?

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2017 at 9:25pm
I don't think I'll shoot it. It would make me feel like I've "violated" it in some way. I might just look at it, aim it, give it a hug, etc. Shooting is what all the others in my collection are for.
Air-It-Is
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2017 at 5:30pm
I have the entire line-up of Christmas Story commemoratives. So I'm either selling all the rest or simply going to have to buy one of these "fearsome blue-steel beauties".
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2017 at 5:52pm
BTW we watched A Christmas Story twice this past week. Once here and once in the UK with Karen's nephews. Love that movie.  
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2017 at 12:10pm
Fuse, definitely get one! I think that next year there should be an organized event where all Red Ryder owners watch the movie simultaneously while clutching their wonderful rifles.
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic