Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

416,426, 408 Pistols?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 416,426, 408 Pistols?
    Posted: November-04-2018 at 7:08am
These Daisy line of Co2 pistols look pretty interesting, anyone tried them? The 415 is spec's at 500fps, which seems pretty good for the price range.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2018 at 3:27pm
I have heard the 426 was a hard hitter but I have not personally shot one. The model number stuck with me because hemi.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2018 at 5:00pm
I looked at the 415 and 426 at Cabela's, they felt pretty hefty in the packaging for plastic guns, the 426 just looks like a shorter version of the 415. The 408 is the more expensive of the bunch, as it shoots pellets as well. I like the idea of non-blow back pistols, I have a few blow back guns and they don't seem as accurate and use Co2 for the action.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2018 at 5:39pm
I had a Umarex/S&W M&P 40 non blowback pistol for a while, it shot hard- every bit of the advertised MV of ~400 fps (IIRC mine did 420 fps). It was a smoothbore and the accuracy just wasn't that good- it wouldn't shoot to the same POA twice in a row, seemed like. Add to that non adjustable sights. So hitting my closest targets at 22 yards was a very iffy proposition. The magazine held 18 BBs I think, and I spent more time reloading than shooting! Ended up selling it. Almost the same story with a Bear River 4" revolver as far as accuracy. Even shooting pellets didn't help. Maybe I'm spoiled on Crosman pistols, I have two 2300s w/10" LW barrels and they are more accurate than I am! Bought them both used and even then they cost several times what the Daisys do.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2018 at 6:16pm
I know what you mean about the smooth bores, I have a few of the  blowback ones I don't really care for. I got kinda spoiled on the Daisy 100 and 200 pistols, for bb shooters at 20 ft. I can hit most anything with authority, that trigger design is so crisp compared to newer bb pistols.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic