Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

880 parts that fit 856?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air(gun)head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 880 parts that fit 856?
    Posted: March-19-2021 at 1:57pm
Does anyone know if these parts from an 880 Powerline (aluminum pump tube) fit a dual-ammo 856 Powerline (aluminum pump tube)?
  • Chamber seal (#27)
  • "Abutement" washer (#28; I think they mean "abutment," actually looks more like an aluminum plug than a washer)
  • Pump Piston Head & Pump Tube Bottom O-Ring (#30)
  • Chamber Seals (#10)
Reference image is located here:
https://www.daisy880.net/?page_id=12
"The problem with communication is the assumption of it."
Air(gun)head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air(gun)head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2021 at 2:07pm
Clear photo of parts is on e-bay (among other places):
https://www.ebay.com/c/556675302
I assume that Daisy is smart enough to re-purpose these parts going forward, but I have read that a version of the 880 that uses a brass pump tube, vs. aluminum, requires a different kit for that earlier model 880, which leads me to believe that the plug-looking "washer" and pressure seal are a different diameter between these pump-tube designs.
I have a Model 865 I bought probably in the late 1990s, it's got low miles, looks new, and worked great until I recently took it apart to remove a pellet that was jammed on the barrel-side (vs. pellet-insertion side) of the pressure chamber, and which a coat-hanger ramrod failed to dislodge. Reassembly went together fine -- after I found the safety-switch spring and ball bearing that had popped out and scattered onto the floor -- but it no longer builds pressure from pumping, which I've read likely means that the O-rings and seals aren't functioning like they did 30+ years ago... 
"The problem with communication is the assumption of it."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic