Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

880's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 880's
    Posted: October-02-2018 at 12:52pm
I went to my favorite flea market this past weekend and couldn't resist buying 3 Daisy's for what I consider dirt cheap. I bought a RR with a dark grained stock, Mahogany maybe. A 102 model 36, which to my surprise still HAS the shot tube. So many are missing. I also picked up an 880 with a black fore arm diamond and a hooded front sight. I compared it to 5 others I own and discovered there are differences in each.

Does anyone know how many 880 variations there may be? They seem to hold up really well and should stay usable if not abused.

My wife asked me if I had a favorite Daisy model. I told her "yes, Daisy Fuentes". And now I walk with a limp.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2018 at 1:10pm
Could be a Silver Anniversary model. Wha's the LOT or REG. NO.?

I'm working on an 880 timeline of changes. If you want, you can add your guns to the study. Below are the questions.

What is the REG. or LOT NO.? (Just the first 4 is fine if you don't want to show them all)

Smooth receiver sides or cast in warnings/instructions?

Rifled or smoothbore barrel?

Metallic blue paint, non metallic blue paint, or black paint, or “other” (please describe if possible)? (Color/metallic or not is best seen in sunlight in my experience.)

Lever cast metal, or sheet metal w/removable handle, or plastic?

Lever use a spring loaded latch built into the lever handle, or a simple catch that’s retained by a spring across the underside of the receiver?

Rear sight screwed on or no?

Rear sight windage-adjustable?

What side of receiver is the stock retainer screw on?

Diamonds on forearms? If yes, painted or separate pieces?

Buttplate say “POWER LINE” or “DAISY”? (If you have a “POWER KING” or unmarked buttplate I’d like to contact you for some additional details- not looking to buy.)

Buttplate and pistol grip cap screwed on?

White spacers or no?

INTERNAL DETAILS

Barrel pressed into valve body or held with clamp and screw?

Brass or aluminum compression tube?

Loading port open on right side only or goes all the way through?

Flat top piston or dished?

If flat top piston, machined on top or as-cast?

Exhaust valve have hex for removal or no?

Valve body windowed or solid?

Flat spring or no flat spring from the factory (doesn’t count if it had one and it was removed)

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2018 at 1:22pm
I'll have to check tonight. The other anniversary model I have has gold lettering on the receiver.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2018 at 1:01pm
Does the 880 you just got from the flea market have a plastic receiver?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic