Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

95 Quick Skill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 95 Quick Skill
    Posted: February-01-2020 at 9:09pm
Picked this up on a whim, it's in fair condition- the wood is okay and it has the model 99 trigger. To me, these are closer to a 99 than a 95 when you look at the stock and forearm, but it uses a gravity feed shot tube. I plan on resealing it only if needed and then see if I can learn to hit something thrown up in the air. (Good luck on that! lol)

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2020 at 7:14am
Well Mark, you whim some, you lose some.   (apologies).
It's a nice looking piece.   I've never come across one in any condition.   Let us know how it shoots.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a wide frame Daisy with removable/re-installable sights? Hmmmmm
Maybe another project?
Air-It-Is
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2020 at 10:26am
Some of you may know this, but a few years ago,  the late David Albert, a long time Daisy collector and fan wrote an article on the "Quick Kill" Program, originally published in the Airgiun Hobby Magazine September 2006.

I had several conversations with David regarding use of this program in the early years of the U S Army Basic Training during the Vietnam War, and some of my Veteran buddies remember participating  in this program, but I did not while at Fort Bliss, Texas in 1966.

I have this article written by David, 21 pages of information with some pictures if anyone has an interest in reading this, I would be happy to make a copy and send to you. 
$5.00 for printing and postage

Louie LeMaster
Daisy Museum Member # 40
Vietnam Veteran  
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2020 at 11:21am
I just sold one of those , it was the 99 version with the forced feed shot tube , interesting guns for sure and you don't see many out there , mine was not quite as clean as yours , nice find .
Realshooter
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2020 at 3:07pm
I think the ones the Government used were the Quick Kill air rifles.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2020 at 3:44pm
Yes and most are all had stamping's in their stocks with proofs , mine did not . 
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2020 at 7:13pm
I saw one that had already sold on ebay, it was a 99 and there was a stamping "US PROP" on the side of the receiver. I couldn't make out any markings on the stock. It went for over $300 IIRC.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2020 at 10:55am
Yes , those stamped one's can really get up there , neat blend between airgun collectors and military one's . 
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2020 at 3:00pm
I just asked Joe Murfin when my gun was stamped, and he replied:

"The last Reg. No. stamped on a model 95 on 1/19/1968 was B790410 and the next one, stamped on 4/10/68 was B856125.  So there are a lot of numbers [65,715- Ed.] missing in that gap.  Your gun would fall into that gap.  We've looked at the hand-written notes from that period and there is no explanation.  My assumption would be that your gun was stamped between 1/19 and 4/10/1968 and that the numbers were simply not recorded.  Other models' numbers were recorded during that gap but just not the 95." 

Going by that, it looks like my gun could have been made around the end of Jan. 1968 or the beginning of Feb. 1968. The war in Viet Nam was raging then and I wonder if the numbers might have been recorded differently due to some connection to the 'Quick Kill' program? As in, the guns were earmarked to fill a pending government purchase order or contract.

There may well be a more plausible explanation, but it IS curious!

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2020 at 12:10am

I got the 95 today. The shot cycle is uber smooth, just as nice as it can be. I recently did a reseal on a model 97 and I thought it was sweet shooting, but this one is every bit as good! It's so nice that I'm leaving it as-is. It was rainy all day so I didn't check the MV, but if I had to guess I'd say it's 280-plus fps.  

The bad part is that it's too good for me. By that, I mean it should be owned by a collector- and I'm not a collector. I wasn’t too sure about the condition judging by the photos but after seeing it in person, I wouldn’t feel right altering it from stock. If I can break even on it, I’d be glad to sell it to someone here. Otherwise I’ll put it back on eBay.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic