Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A 107 you don't see every day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A 107 you don't see every day
    Posted: May-03-2016 at 8:38am
This gun isn't mine, and I have nothing to do with the sale.  I just think this is a rarity you might like to see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Daisy-BB-Gun-Model-107-BUCK-JONES-SPECIAL-RARE-NICKEL-FINISH-MINT-/191861268158?hash=item2cabd29ebe:g:-l8AAOSw~oFXJoeV

Thoughts?

Vince

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 9:41am
Well I have never seen one before. Wonder how it got that way.
A special 'project' at Daisy or something added by a previous owner?
Sure would like to have one like it, but I won't be bidding on this one.
Thanks for the heads up.
dennis65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 6:14pm
iam pretty sure the buck jones didint come in a nickle finnish looks like the gun was renickled at some point seen it on ebay looks nice though
plymouthairrifle View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthairrifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2016 at 10:50am
I would bet the farm it is not old nickel.   Blow the photo up and take a good look at the new chrome rivits in the frame.
Wes Powers
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2016 at 2:11pm
I thought it might have been that someone polished it down to bare metal and polished the metal to look like that.
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2016 at 4:32pm
Curiosity got the best of me, and I wrote the Museum asking if they could authenticate the story provided with the listing.  The answer, after checking with Joe Murfin at Daisy, was basically this: we can neither confirm nor deny that story.  "Certainly, throughout Daisy‚Äôs history, management and staff have produced special edition guns for the purposes of recognizing individuals and in many cases there is no written record."

Well that doesn't help at all, now, does it. Smile  But it is still an interesting peek into Daisy history.

oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2016 at 5:26pm
It's a beauty either way.

Ejwills

Ejwills
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by plymouthairrifle plymouthairrifle wrote:

I would bet the farm it is not old nickel.   Blow the photo up and take a good look at the new chrome rivits in the frame.

I saw that they really looked bright compared to the rest of the gun.
Someone put a lot of work into it.

I would still like to have it but not anywhere near THAT price.
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2016 at 8:46am
Well, Real or not, Who knows (Not Daisy) But someone thought it was real  (US $1,724.00)
I think I will Nickel plate mine :)
John in New Brunswic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in New Brunswic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2016 at 12:39pm
Yes, at that price I think we should all kick in for a dipping tank.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic