Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Little Survey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Little Survey
    Posted: September-07-2021 at 4:55pm
Hi all, As many of you know I enjoy modifying the appearance of Red Ryders and 105 Bucks. I've had fun producing variations of the Mare's Leg, Military rifles and Tacktical/Assault styles (just to name a few). These have been a hoot to make, gift and sell! But for future endevours, I'd like to get some feed-back. What do you folks think would be the most interesting and fun modification, given three to choose from? I've routinly done large loops, skelitinized stocks, pistol grip levers and forearms, etc. Here's what I have in mind:

1, A TACTICAL or BLACK gun type, in camo or satin black.

2, The MARE'S LEG version.

3, A BULL PUP type in kahki, green or camo.

I'm just wondering if there are any favorites among the forum readers. If any of you want to ask around and post the opinion of others' that would be cool also. I'm hoping to get some interesting feed-back.   
Air-It-Is
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2021 at 11:35pm

When I was a boy in rural upstate New York rifles were everywhere, and every pickup truck had a gun rack. It was commonplace, everyday hunting country. Now that I am an adult in a rapidly urbanizing environment, just the sight of a gun--or good golly, a ‘black gun’ would have my neighborhood in a lock-down.

Now, I have pretty cool neighbors, but even so, my varmint gun is a scope-mounted Daisy 880 painted bright white & (so help me) lavender. That gets me smiles rather than trials. And it won’t scare the bejeezus out of the random repairman…just my two cents.Smile

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2021 at 9:11am
Interesting 'camouflage' to prevent inciting the natives.

I like the Mares Leg. I have one I bought years ago (from Stevec?).
Gary
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2021 at 2:02pm
Gary. I think that was just a pop gun version I sold you. I like the Mares Leg too. Had a couple more different versions but I had to down size and gave them to my nephew
Stevec
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2021 at 7:55pm
Haven't replied to the comments yet but I am paying attention.   Good stuff so far. 👌
Air-It-Is
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2021 at 8:54am
Stevec,
The one I have is a BB gun, still shoots.
It may have been from someone else but I don't remember.
It is a nice job whoever did it.

When ever I show it to someone I always tell them it was Steve McQeens Red Ryder when he was a boy...

Gary
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2021 at 10:19am
Gary, Could have been. I did a lot of things to some of the Daisys. Even made a big loop lever for an 1894 like the rifle mans rifle. All are gone except for about 15 limited editions and special pop rifles and couple 179s and some parts
Stevec
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2021 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Gumslinger Gumslinger wrote:

<p ="Msonormal"><a name="_GoBack"></a><span style="font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"">When I was a boy in rural upstate New
York rifles were everywhere, and every pickup truck had a gun rack. It was
commonplace, everyday hunting country. Now that I am an adult in a rapidly
urbanizing environment, just the sight of a gun--or good golly, a ‘black gun’ would
have my neighborhood in a lock-down. <o:p></o:p></span>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"">Now,
I have pretty cool neighbors, but even so, my varmint gun is a scope-mounted Daisy
880 painted bright white & (so help me) lavender. That gets me smiles rather
than trials. And it won’t scare the bejeezus out of the random repairman…just
my two cents.Smile<o:p></o:p></span>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"">

</span>

I know what you mean.   When we were younger everyone was expected to know about cars and guns.   It was nothing to do a little shooting in the back yard.
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2021 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Bavaria55n Bavaria55n wrote:

Interesting 'camouflage' to prevent inciting the natives.

I like the Mares Leg. I have one I bought years ago (from Stevec?).
Gary

I like the mare's legs too. So does Mrs. Airitis.   I've made half a dozen and still have a couple.   I think of ways to improve them with each one I make.
Air-It-Is
jed niederer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed niederer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2021 at 1:06pm
I like the Mare's Leg best.
Jed Niederer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic