Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A little victory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little victory
    Posted: July-25-2018 at 11:51am
About a month ago I was ripping up a can with one of our Daisy 74's when there was a misfire. Tried fiddling with it but nothing worked. I was shooting daisy BB's and one of the rare "bad ones" got stuck in the barrel so I opened her up. I let BB follower spring sproing. I couldn't find it for my life.......it's not small. I figured oh well it's just a $35 gun and I still have another one. I'm coming out the bedroom today and hear the cats chasing something. Yup.... the follower spring. Back to a shooting pair. I'm not going to shoot D BB's in any gun I have that doesn't have a removable shot tube. Sure hope they get that quality control thing worked out quick. Copperheads are more uniform but they are also more uniformly bad. Ouch
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2018 at 1:18pm
I suppose there's something to be said for plinking with sloppy old worn-out BB guns. When I'm after accuracy I go for the pellets. I like my 880's because I can shoot either pellets or BB's. A few others will suffice also.
Air-It-Is
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2018 at 1:23pm
The D 74 is sloppy but it is not old. They are relatively new and still available. They are also ridiculously fun to plink with. I much prefer pellet guns as well. The 74 is the only bb gun that Karen and I shoot regularly.......because it is so efficient and so immediate in it's gratification. Ours are not modified, to increase power. They shoot at about 225 fps. Because so little Co2 is expelled for each shot, that adiabatic cooling thing that drops fps with fast repetitive shooting does not apply. The two of us can blow  cans in two in about a minute. Karen likes to actually aim hers. I just look over the top of the sights and sort of instinct shoot as fast as I can pull the trigger.......and BB's are very cheap. Wink
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2018 at 9:01am
Yes, the 74's while no power house seem to shoot forever on a CO2 cartridge and even shooting fast does not seem to affect the power. A fun plinker.
Gary
Rincon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rincon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:53am
I hate when springs do that... I've probably lost 4-5 like that during the years. Not from any guns, but from things like pens etc. lol
Hi!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 28 minutes ago at 8:51am
I have a spare 74 that has to go, it's in the For Sale forum if anyone's interested. Going to put it here first, if no interest I'll put it into the other classifieds.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic