Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adult red ryder spring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RalphMustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adult red ryder spring
    Posted: April-18-2022 at 5:26pm
Does the adult Red Ryder have the Calbalt 327 super spring from the factory?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2022 at 10:42pm
The adult Red Ryder is the same internally as the standard 'Ryder. Which is also the same as the model 105B Buck, for that matter. So no, it doesn't come from the factory with a stronger spring. You can expect to get 260- 270 fps, give or take, from an unmodified current production Daisy lever action BB gun.
RalphMustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RalphMustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2022 at 2:46pm
Thanks for the quick replay. I had already a cobalt327 that I will put in.   My next question is, “do I need to coat the spring with some kind of lubricant? Does a dual port air tube make any more FPS. Also putting on a scope and a tripod. Just having fun.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2022 at 8:10pm
It has been my experience that the optimum set up for a 1938B Red Ryder using the stronger spring is a production Daisy air tube drilled to 7/64" ID. There is no modification done to the intake port other than deburring. 

For what it's worth, Shane did some independent testing involving dual vs. single air ports, you can see the results here: 
Old george View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old george Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2022 at 8:01pm
I have red ryder with cobalt spring and 7/64 air tube and model 25 shot tube . I t is hitting 346 fps .it has adult i made myself and like very much . Old george
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic