Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another ? for my model 25 DAISY 25 VARIANT 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another ? for my model 25 DAISY 25 VARIANT 4
    Posted: March-19-2010 at 5:19am
ok, so I put the new trigger spring in (piece of cake) and the trigger works perfectly.
All you do is grab the long end of the spring with a pair of needlenose pliers and slip it in.
Now I loaded it and shot it about 6 times no problems.
Now I went to load it again and the bb's just rolled out the back end of the tube. Of course this model doesn't have a retaining spring. Do I need a new shot tube or is there a fix for this?
Thanks in advance for any help
2BB or not 2BB
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 10:36am
You model is a pretty early one. I think the ones without the spring shoot lead balls instead of bbs and that may be why they are rolling out.
Be Independent!
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 11:30am

Call Daisy Customer Service at 1-800-713-2479 and order a reissued No 25 shot tube; they are awesome, and at $12 + shipping you can not go wrong; it it doesn't fit, I will buy if from you, I can always use another one  :).

semper fi
Greg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2010 at 5:53am
A reissued No 25 shot tube will fit that old gun? I took another m 25 shot tube out of one of my newer m 25's and it wouldn't screw in
2BB or not 2BB
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2010 at 6:34am
Read this about the shot tubes, It talks about the two different shot tubes, just scroll down for the pics. http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2009/04/daisy-no-40-military-model.html All shot tubes should be interchangeable unless it is bent.
Be Independent!
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2010 at 7:31am
I have used the reissued No 25 shot tube in the following Daisy BB rifles w/o any problems:

Model 25, long throw cocking levers

Model 99

Model 141

And RedRyderUSA, that was a nice article on the Daisy Model 40; thank you.
semper fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2010 at 9:42am
I also read that they won't work in the early short throw 25s. If you scroll down it talks about the model 25s two different shot tubes, the lead ball shot tube w/o spring and the bb shot tube w/ retainer spring. I think Greg has the lead ball shot tube since he says bbs are running out of the back end.
Be Independent!
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2010 at 12:48pm
As to the short throw cocking levers, the new reissued No 25 shot tube was too long; I did not try a standard issue shot tube from the long throws to see if they would fit into the short throws but I am certain that they are not interchangeable.
semper fi
Greg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2010 at 5:19pm
The original ST doesn't have a retaining spring. The newer shot tube with retaining spring is about 1/8 to 3/16" longer. As I first stated, I put 6 bb's through it with no problem and it shot very strong too. Even a bit better than my newer mod 25. I think the tube is just worn out. Hey its about 100 yrs old.
I see they make a new ST that work with a magnet. I wonder if this will work?
If anyone is interested, I'd be intrested in selling it. I can throw some pictures up.
2BB or not 2BB
Greg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2010 at 5:26pm
And the picture shows that the newer model tube is longer
2BB or not 2BB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic