Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Antique "BB gun"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctcop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Antique "BB gun"
    Posted: January-02-2014 at 2:48am
I have an H.M. Quackenbush bb gun made in Herkimer N.Y. Pat July 10 1881. It is nickel plated with number 8348 stamped near the trigger. It appears to have a fairly large hole for the shot. Unknown if it will shoot a regular size BB. Can someone tell me more about this gun and maybe what it might be worth.
AIRGUNNERMD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AIRGUNNERMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 3:00pm

You didn't say if it was a pistol or a rifle.

Putting up some pictures of it will be your best bet for someone to help you determine what it's worth.

Also, measure the length of the barrel from muzzle to where it meets the receiver.

According to the Bluebook of Airguns (May 2012), there are 13 models and variations of these rifles.
The maximum value (100% condition), could be as high as $4,500.
The lowest value could be as low as $90.
ctcop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctcop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 4:04pm
I'll take some pics and post them. Do I add the pics to my original question? Thanks for the help
AIRGUNNERMD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AIRGUNNERMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 5:46pm
You can just add them in a reply to your original post.
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 3:29pm
Quackenbush.H.M air rifle.
I believe you have a Quackenbush Model 3 air rifle. These were designed to shoot  .21 cal. round lead balls. These are push barrel type air rifles. Your serial number makes it a Model 3 Version 4.
Hope this helps. The value on these can be in the hundreds of dollars depending on "CONDITION"!,
and the desire for somone to own one.
Ejwills.
Ejwills
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic