Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bass Pro, Memphis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bass Pro, Memphis
    Posted: July-28-2018 at 3:14pm
Just got home from a short vacation to Nashville and Memphis. Spent time at the worlds largest Bass Pro shop in Memphis. I wanted to buy a Red Ryder just to get the sales slip, etc., but NOT A SINGLE DAISY gun in stock...but I did see a really nice Bereta 12 gauge for $89,000. It was part of a "set"...5 shotguns (all the different gauges) that were perfect matches..silver inlays...NICE ! $350 K for the set. 
Marv, NW OH
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2018 at 5:29pm
It's funny you would bring this subject up. I always found the best prices on Daisy's were at Wally World. Lately my local stores have been running low on stock. Today I went to the website and they literally only had 2-3 Daisy's listed. They used to have practically any one you could think of. Now their site is packed with Crosman and a few others. None listed on the Dunham's site either but I haven't been in one of their stores in a while. GAMO was also as scarce as hen's teeth.

Not sure what this may mean but it makes me feel a little queesey. Maybe I should go from store to store and do a little stocking up!
Air-It-Is
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2018 at 8:24pm
I'm afraid the world is a-changin!  I have a friend whose country boy sons have about given up bb / airsoft / paintball, because it is getting so politically incorrect... they're having trouble finding friends with with to shoot!  What's that saying about "to get things to change, I won't worry about converting you, I'll convert your children".. or some such thing.  I'm afraid it is happening right before our eyes.  Ugh.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2018 at 8:36pm
Dude, maybe you're right.....or is this your way of telling me it's time to get rid of those two 1894 project guns? You devil!

Actually, they are just taking up space in my closet. I've decided I'm not interested in doing anything with them.
Air-It-Is
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2018 at 1:44pm
Airitis,
Tell me about your 1894s.
Marv
mbfgdn@bright.net
Marv, NW OH
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by MarvMar MarvMar wrote:

Just got home from a short vacation to Nashville and Memphis. Spent time at the worlds largest Bass Pro shop in Memphis. I wanted to buy a Red Ryder just to get the sales slip, etc., but NOT A SINGLE DAISY gun in stock...but I did see a really nice Bereta 12 gauge for $89,000. It was part of a "set"...5 shotguns (all the different gauges) that were perfect matches..silver inlays...NICE ! $350 K for the set. 

If you don't have a Christmas gift picked out for me that set of shotguns would be just fine. I would even be happy with 'just' the .410.
Gary
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2018 at 3:10pm
Sorry, already have that one on MY list....
Marv, NW OH
daisyaddiction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2018 at 3:12pm
I'll take 2 sets !  Who could afford even 1 set . Wow!
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2018 at 5:07pm
Well Marv, They are certainly not show guns. Each needs a little love. Neither one is a special edition nor a commemorative. Both would need the power plant improved. Some small parts are missing. (

Now the good news. They cock and fire. The plastic furniture is all there. Email me and I'll send you some pictures. My email is on my profile.
Air-It-Is
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2018 at 9:30pm
Thanks, but guess I"ll Pass...
Only looking for Special editions to add to my collection of 24.

Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic