Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blue, Large Loop Daisy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue, Large Loop Daisy
    Posted: January-05-2020 at 6:06pm
I just happened into 2 of the large loop Daisys at my local WalMart. The plastic stocks and forearms are blue. Mrs. Airitis thinks they are "very pretty". Really?? I'm half tempted to make up a fake logo:

Blu Ryder, the sad cowboy

Seriously though, it's a shame the camo ones weren't as readily available. I went there looking for an 80th anniversary Red Ryder in the retro box but I waited too long and they were no longer available. Did anyone out there get one and is the round emblem on the stock a sticker or an embedded coin?

Air-It-Is
mbrooks401 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbrooks401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2020 at 9:09pm
The 80th has an embedded coin in the butt stock opposite of the RR logo.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2020 at 4:46am
I keep checking Walmart online for the camo version 1999DB but all I have seen so far is the blue one. I was able to get a camo 1999DB "Fun Kit" (shooting glasses, BBs and targets included) for $29.99 to my door by using an offer Daisy Outdoors sent me by email. I guess you have to be signed up for their newsletter to get these occasional offers. It wasn't a great deal, but I do like the gun- especially after doing the usual power mods. I also swapped out the plastic hoop for a curved metal lever.

ETA- I think the camo is hydro dipped onto the stock. At least that's what it looks like from under the forearm. I don't know anything about applying the film, but as long as it could be applied successfully over the logo, camo film could be used on a Red Ryder stock.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2020 at 8:16am
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

I keep checking Walmart online for the camo version 1999DB but all I have seen so far is the blue one. I was able to get a camo 1999DB "Fun Kit" (shooting glasses, BBs and targets included) for $29.99 to my door by using an offer Daisy Outdoors sent me by email. I guess you have to be signed up for their newsletter to get these occasional offers. It wasn't a great deal, but I do like the gun- especially after doing the usual power mods. I also swapped out the plastic hoop for a curved metal lever.

Well, Mark, you know how I am. If I really wanted a camo one bad enough I'd have me some fun making one! I will say one thing about the power plant. I ran 2 bbs in the 1999DB and at thirty feet it hit real hard and accurate. That coke can never knew what hit it.
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2020 at 8:18am
Originally posted by mbrooks401 mbrooks401 wrote:

Thanks, Mike. I think a WM about 20 miles away still has a couple, according to the website. I may just have to take a little drive later.
Air-It-Is
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2020 at 10:16am
Maybe you'll get lucky and find one of those "1 of 1000" guns. Looks like most of them (probably all) were found on the west coast though.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2020 at 11:59am
I like what I see on your pictures Mr. Cobalt. But I'm wondering how it might look with camo on most of the gun? kind of like a duck hunting shotgun. Don't think I'll ever get the expertise to do a "dip".

What is that on the lever? Is it a pad to make cocking more comfortable?
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2020 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Airitis Airitis wrote:

Originally posted by mbrooks401 mbrooks401 wrote:

Thanks, Mike. I think a WM about 20 miles away still has a couple, according to the website. I may just have to take a little drive later.

HEY MIKE!! The Walmart I mentioned had a stack of 'em! Regular price. They also had a bunch of the blue/large loopers for $15 ea.!! Before you can ask......Yep, I bought one of each.
Air-It-Is
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2020 at 1:36pm
Local WM here in NW Ohio has over 40...(minus 2 in my collection)...$24.97 each

Marv, NW OH
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2020 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Airitis Airitis wrote:

I like what I see on your pictures Mr. Cobalt. But I'm wondering how it might look with camo on most of the gun? kind of like a duck hunting shotgun. Don't think I'll ever get the expertise to do a "dip".
They make a camo wrap that can be used to camo a gun. It's not permanent, it goes on sort of like an ace bandage. Maybe that could work to see if you liked the look. (And no need for formalities- "Mark" works for me! lol)

Quote What is that on the lever? Is it a pad to make cocking more comfortable?
That's exactly what it is. I use thermoset plastic, put a blob of it while soft on the lever then press my thumb into it to form that part. Then smooth the sides a little and that's it. The way I cock these guns, my thumb tends to slip off the lever, and after doing it a few times it starts to be aggravating.

You got a heck of a deal on the blue ones!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic