Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boys' Life Magazine Daisy Ads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boys' Life Magazine Daisy Ads
    Posted: April-19-2019 at 8:48pm
I was looking around this evening for Daisy ads in Boys' Life.  The BSA has been a natural market for Daisy for decades.  12-18 year old boys are the target market.

I found this page which has a lot of great ads that track model and price changes across the decades.

Enjoy!

Be Prepared
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2019 at 9:48am
Thanks, that is a great resource.
Gary
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2019 at 10:15am
Yeah.  I was pretty jacked when I stumbled across it.  That guy did a lot of work to pull all those ads together and add the commentary.
Be Prepared
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2019 at 10:46am

I have a lot of these original Daisy ads full pages and this is a great display and very well done! 
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2019 at 11:25am
Thanks for posting. A lot of information for collectors and everybody else.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2019 at 9:18am
WOW! I read those ads and immediately was compelled to run outside and shoot some cans off of a stump.

Okay, so I wasn't at home and I don't have a stump but the urge is still there. I love those old ads. I'd like to pick some special ones and frame them for my shop.
Air-It-Is
butchg60@hotmail.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butchg60@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2019 at 11:19am
BSA guy,  this is one of the best posts I have seen here for sometime.  I have a lot of these but didn't know some of these existed. Nice report.  
butch
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2019 at 12:11pm
If anyone wants to visit the Google Books Boys' Life site, here is a link: https://books.google.com/books/about/Boys_Life.html?id=b2YEAAAAMBAJ

You can search any monthly issue for any year for the past 108 years!.

This is a great resource for researching BSA information as well as information on products that have been pitched to Scouting-age boys for the past century and to see how products like bikes, sporting goods, camping gear, etc.  Fascinating.

I have done research on the changes in the Official BSA Axe through these magazines. 

Be Prepared
daisyaddiction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2019 at 12:18pm
  Great post ,thanx!Clap
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2019 at 3:00pm
Thanks again ! 

Ejwills.
Ejwills
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic