Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brass hoop 1894 from "Daisy tool room"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2021 at 3:55pm
Steve, I found a Zorro model in an auction listing. I'm thinking your "916" was a typo for "961"? Anyway, I have a photo of the hang tag and the box for a plain-jane 961 I'll post at the bottom. 

The top photo of the Zorro model and the text is from the auction listing here: https://www.hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetail/5781/ZORRO-DAISY-BIG-SMOKE-RIFLE

Item Description
25" long blued metal rifle w/wood stock featuring silk screened design of "Zorro" logo and image of him on rearing Toronado. c. 1958. Attached to trigger guard is the original string tag "Instruction Manual" which is 2.75x4.5". Includes specific instructions for this "Model 961." Gun works and when cocked and fired it produces a loud pop. Manual notes you can make the rifle smoke by putting "A Few Drops Of Medium-Grade Motor Oil In Muzzle." The tag is aged w/small edge tears and a .25" chip but still attached as issued, VG. Rifle is N. Mint.

Below is another auction listing on the Hake's site:

ETA- I first thought the 961 was totally new to me but apparently I saw a couple photos of a 961 somewhere, saved them, then forgot all about it. Old age sucks. Anyway, it's a very cool popper, and the Zorro model must be VERY rare! 

Here's the 961 photos I saved:

stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2021 at 9:05am
I remember seeing that auction years ago but later on I could never find it. Remember the high price it sold for. Thanks for the pictures. You found out a lot of stuff. Mine is a little rough but still makes a loud pop
Stevec
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2021 at 10:35am
Getting back to the original brass hoop Daisy 1894. Any one know if and where one could buy one of these brass hoops for a Daisy 1894? 

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2021 at 11:27am
Originally posted by BB1Shooter BB1Shooter wrote:

Getting back to the original brass hoop Daisy 1894. Any one know if and where one could buy one of these brass hoops for a Daisy 1894? 

Just to satisfy my own curiosity.   Are those fantastic brass loops solid brass or plated and polished?   They sure give great accent to the Daisys!
Air-It-Is
Canuck1958 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2021 at 4:01pm
I'm thinking they're gold anodized steel.
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2021 at 10:55am
What ever they are, I'd like one for one of my 1894's.

I think there was a guy that made them a few years ago & posted them for sale on eBay. 

Anyone recall his name?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2021 at 3:13pm
You could try asking the seller of the 1894 to see if he knows anything besides it being a 'tool room' gun. And ask him if a magnet sticks to the lever.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic