Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas Story 30th Anniversary Red Ryder?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by IDAHOAUGER IDAHOAUGER wrote:

Just got back from a deer hunting trip a few days ago (I did not get a buck this year but wonderful just being in the October woods of Idaho) and saw I got my e-mail from the Daisy Museum with my receipt for the three 30th Anniversary Christmas Guns! I am assuming they have shipped? Anyone know how long it normally takes to arrive once you get your e-mail notice? Thanks for any info.

Travelled from Mass to Cheyenne, Wy, thence up to Jackson Hole; roads were snow bound to Cody, so diverted to Yellowstone, thank goodness it had just opened that morning 19 Oct when the Govmnt shut down ceased, got to observe Old Faithful in action.   Saw lots of deer, with great racks!!! and pronghorn antelope running in herds across the roads in front of us, Buffalo (Bison, if you will) off in the distance on slopes and flat prarrie, glorious sights.
Semper Fi
IDAHOAUGER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDAHOAUGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2013 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by willielumplump willielumplump wrote:

Originally posted by IDAHOAUGER IDAHOAUGER wrote:

Just got back from a deer hunting trip a few days ago (I did not get a buck this year but wonderful just being in the October woods of Idaho) and saw I got my e-mail from the Daisy Museum with my receipt for the three 30th Anniversary Christmas Guns! I am assuming they have shipped? Anyone know how long it normally takes to arrive once you get your e-mail notice? Thanks for any info.

Travelled from Mass to Cheyenne, Wy, thence up to Jackson Hole; roads were snow bound to Cody, so diverted to Yellowstone, thank goodness it had just opened that morning 19 Oct when the Govmnt shut down ceased, got to observe Old Faithful in action.   Saw lots of deer, with great racks!!! and pronghorn antelope running in herds across the roads in front of us, Buffalo (Bison, if you will) off in the distance on slopes and flat prarrie, glorious sights.
Yeah, I love Yellowstone! Been there twice and overdue for another trip! Even got a pass to fly-fish while I was there last. Does not surprise me a bit you did see lots of game. Funny, always seem to find them until you go hunting! LOL! Two of my buddies got their bucks opening day, I saw plenty of does as always, but I have a buck tag. Couple of seasons back while deer hunting I had two bull elks walk right past me about 40 yards away and would have been a clean humane shot. Of course it was not elk season and no elk tag to boot. Then on the two seasons I drew a elk tag for the area I wanted (same area I saw elk during deer season), never saw any elk..LOL! But as I always say, just being in the outdoors is great for the body, mind and soul which is why I love to hunt, fish and camp and it does not matter if I catch or tag anything, but it's nice when you do! God Bless the USA and our great outdoors!
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDAHOAUGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by JIM66 JIM66 wrote:

I notice that the front forarm band on the 30th Anniversary Christmas Dream is either gold painted or brass plated is it the way the picture was taken or is it a true gold tone, also it didn't show the other side, will it have Red Ryder as well ?. I needed to ask to clear my mind or whats left of it, but just remember a dumb questions only relate's to the one's that know the answers Handshake.. Jim
Just got mine in the mail today and yes it is a gold band and also the lever action is metal and NOT plastic!
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment
winchester 73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winchester 73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2013 at 2:34pm
I received my 30th anniversary gun.  my opinion is, it's the best of the trio.  The laser engraving looks like it should.  The 20th and 25th from a short distance it look stamped. 

The compass is not too small.  It is very close to the original size (with no chrome rim).  The original had no trim ring on the compass. 

I have two 83 original, one small compass one large

The wood treatment looks quality.  I guess you can tell, I like the Gun
MOLON LABE
desplano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desplano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2013 at 12:01am
New to this site. I have a friend who loves "A Christmas Story" movie and I thought I'd get him the 30th anniversary Red Ryder gun as a present.

Does it work? Is it the exact same thing as in the movie (except for the 30th anniv. markings of course)?  The Red Ryder carbine-action, 200-shot Range Model air rifle with compass and thing that tells time?

Thanks.
Watchboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watchboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2013 at 2:47am
Yes it shoots
It has a saftey org one didn't
Bb's load different
Yes compass and sun dial
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDAHOAUGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2013 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by desplano desplano wrote:

New to this site. I have a friend who loves "A Christmas Story" movie and I thought I'd get him the 30th anniversary Red Ryder gun as a present.

Does it work? Is it the exact same thing as in the movie (except for the 30th anniv. markings of course)?  The Red Ryder carbine-action, 200-shot Range Model air rifle with compass and thing that tells time?

Thanks.
It shoots!  Took mine out back and shot 10 BBs through it and then it went straight back into the box for safe keeping!
Shotcaller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shotcaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2013 at 2:47pm
I love my 30th anniversary gun. It's propped right up against my 50 inch leg lamp.
Shotcaller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shotcaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2013 at 2:48pm
I wish I could figure out how to post a pic on here...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic