Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas story trivia question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas story trivia question
    Posted: March-12-2020 at 12:43pm
Sorry to waste your time.   My wife wants to know.   
Ralphie's mother was always cooking a certain thing. What was it?
Thank you very much. Jay
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2020 at 12:47pm
Hahaha.   I think it was cabbage, or at least something made with cabbage.   Yummy.
Air-It-Is
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2020 at 12:57pm
Maybe Goolosh ?
Ejwills
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2020 at 1:35pm
The Bumpkus' dogs?
Be Prepared
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2020 at 6:23pm
I'm pretty certain that Airitis is on the right track. We are just wondering what it was called.

BSAguy
There is no doubt in my mind that the father didn't like the Bumkus' dogs.
jackdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2020 at 10:19pm
The "Piggys" ate meatloaf and potatoes.... The Bumpus's dogs ate the turkey,   and in another scene it was a cabbage dish...According to this web site it was a Braised Red Cabbage dish,  https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-recommendation-ralphies-70985
  ......  Best that I can remember.
Aim Straight
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2020 at 3:53am
Jackdog
You hit the nail right on the head. We had the red cabbage two nights ago and my wife kept insisting that it was what Ralphies mother cooked.
   That was a nice link that you posted. The older I get, the more that I'm forgetting. Thank you very much. Jay
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2020 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Ford57 Ford57 wrote:

Jackdog
You hit the nail right on the head. We had the red cabbage two nights ago and my wife kept insisting that it was what Ralphies mother cooked.
   That was a nice link that you posted. The older I get, the more that I'm forgetting. Thank you very much. Jay

Hey Ford, The next time your wife makes red cabbage let me know!   Mrs. Airitis doesn't make it so I always consider it a special treat when I find a restaurant with it on the menu.
Air-It-Is
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2020 at 9:21am
I love cooked cabbage.
Is it a BB gun thing?
Gary
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2020 at 10:27pm
    OK...This is what I figure out about the red cabbage. It's a German favorite, and is very popular in Bavaria where my wife comes from. However over there they call it Blaukraut (blue cabbage). When it is picked it is blue and after it is cooked it turns red. That's why we over here call it red cabbage. You can buy it in in specialty stores and all you have to do is heat it up. Cooking it from scratch is a real chore.
      Bavaria55n In my opinion ever since the movie, it could very well be a BB gun thing. Every time we have it, we end up talking about Ralphie.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic