Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas Wish Stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilr514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas Wish Stock
    Posted: December-18-2023 at 10:44pm
I have a 1983 Christmas Wish 1938B that I got as a kid.  Sometime in the late 80s I fell with the gun and broke the butt stock.  I replaced the stock with one from Daisy, but it's not the same without the sundial and compass.

Anyone have a Christmas Wish stock they are willing to part with?  Preferably I'd like one from that year, but I'm open to others.

Thanks!
Scottie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2023 at 3:03am
Surplus stocks of the original "Christmas Story" guns from 1983-1984 used to be listed on eBay from time to time.You might luck out and try there,but ever since Walmart came out with their version I haven't been seeing the older stocks listed anymore.
Segata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Segata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2023 at 7:46am
I'm guessing the originals long gone as it is possible to repair them to the point you can barely see the break lines.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2023 at 5:17pm
When you search look for Christmas Story. The Christmas Wish rifles are different
Stevec
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2023 at 3:05pm
So confusing to distinguish between the Christmas Wish, Christmas Dream, anniversary guns. Especially when the museum puts out limited editions and the originals came out after the movie and Walmart has been selling some each year.... YIKES!   What's a kid to do?
I'm sure the collector guns are getting mixed in with the not-so-collectables. I suppose if you're looking for that special specimen, caviat emptor.   Reproductions and frankenrifels abound.
Russ
Air-It-Is
Segata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Segata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2023 at 4:45pm
Well this one we know is an '83 which narrows it right down, this years Christmas wish is the correct side from what I've seen, may just want the foregrip changed aswell so it matches as woods likely a different shade.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic