Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

copper BBs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyotejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: copper BBs
    Posted: March-12-2020 at 8:25am
I'm just getting back into smoothbore BB guns and I see mention online of "copper BBs". Are there really solid copper BBs or are people just misidentifying copper plated steel? Thanks in advance, Joe
Life is too short for delayed gratification.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2020 at 10:14am
Hi Joe , there is Smart Shot , it's copper coated lead BB's so that you don't get your eye shot out from hitting hard objects  , the guns need to have a spring or something in the guns as many use a magnet which won't work , your 100-38 uses a magnet so they won't work , I use Daisy zincs and they work well and there are some other brands but just stay with steel BB's in that gun , I use the Smart Shot in many of my replica pistols that have the removable shells as the guns all seem to shoot high and this brings them right down and hit a bit harder on the cans .
Realshooter
coyotejoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyotejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2020 at 4:13pm
Thanks, yeah I knew about copper plated shot from shotguning, never thought about magatism, my recolection of my childhood M-38 was that teh BB would roll out if pointed downward but my memory of 70+ years ago is probably not very reliable. Now what were we talking about?

Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2020 at 5:54pm
Nope , it will roll down and be held by the magnet , you do have to wait a second fir it to roll all the way but shouldn't roll out he barrel until it gets shot out , your gun may have had some gunk blocking the end of the barrel /breech , let us all know  how she shoots .
Realshooter
coyotejoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyotejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2020 at 7:27am
 Thanks, will do. Unfortunately my hands shake so badly these days I'm not sure I can give any gun a fair evaluation. I may be able to scrunch up on the bench rest enough to get a reasonably solid hold but that would seem to defeat the "artillery hold" system of shooting, we'll see, my gun hasn't even arrived as yet.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic