Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D 111 Model 40

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D 111 Model 40
    Posted: December-04-2016 at 4:08pm
Hi all,
I've asked before but circumstanes change. Does anyone have a decent stock they can part with. Must be a branded stock for the D 111 model 40. No cracks or messed up area around the top screw. I have alot of parts, parts guns and nice guns as trade bait but I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount if that's not your thing. I've been surfing fleabay for over a year. Can't bring myself to buy a complete gun that would leave me in a similar condition and the stocks on there all have the issues mine has already. Thanks in advance.

All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2016 at 4:33pm
Fuse, what is a D 111 Model 40?  Do you mean Daisy?  If so, I have some; do you want the forearm to go along with it?  And what side do you want the Red Ryder logo?

Clfmustang@aol.com

Will Clifford sends
Semper Fi
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2016 at 8:08pm
Yes Will, I'm looking for an early Red Ryder stock. I have a very nice first var. that has a stock that looks OK but has a messed up top hole that I tried to repair/fill with plastic wood filler. I want a good solid branded stock for it. It deserves a stock as nice as the rwst of it. The stock doesn't need to be perfect just nice. Here's a pic of the gun to give you an idea. Like I said, the stock looks good but is not solid at the top screw.

39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 12:58pm
I have fixed stocks and got a good solid screw hole by one of these methods.  If the screw is just a little loose, I use a tooth pick and glue to reduce the size of the hole.  If the hole is larger, I have cleaned out the hole with a drill bit that is the same size as a dowel that I them cut & insert into the hole and glue into place.  
Pat
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 7:40pm
No this is really messed up. As if someone pulled the screw out and alot of the end of the stock came with it. It's almost entirely hidden by the metal but still pretty bad. I had to rebuild it with plastic wood. Not bad but not very solid either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic