Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisey .22 not an airgun?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SniperX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisey .22 not an airgun?
    Posted: May-27-2005 at 3:36am

Could anyone here tell me about a Daisey .22 that is not a air gun.. This gun shots .22 bullets,and there were only a few made. I'm trying to see if there is any way to mount a scope on it...If any information can be given this would be great..

Stephanie Price
S.W.F.A Inc
Sales and Customer Service
plevesque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plevesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2005 at 11:54am
Originally posted by SniperX SniperX wrote:

Could anyone here tell me about a Daisey .22 that is not a air gun.. This gun shots .22 bullets,and there were only a few made. I'm trying to see if there is any way to mount a scope on it...If any information can be given this would be great..

Sounds like you have a VL caseless rifle.  These were never intended for scope use so they lack a dovetail as found on later Legacy .22's.  You can have the receiver drilled and tapped for a set of rings, but to be honest the VL is no tackdriver.  Adding a scope to an inaccurate rifle may not be the best investment of your time/money.  Additionally, it will hurt the collectibility of the rifle.

As for production, there were about 19,000 Standard grade (plastic stock) rifles, 5,000 Presentation grade, and somewhere around 1,700 Collector grade.

Paul

bilbo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2005 at 12:43pm
THE VL I HAD WOULD SHOOT INTO A 4 INCH BULLSEYE AT 25 YARDS. I THINK THE POOR ACCURACY WAS DUE TO THE SLOW IGNITION OF THE VL AMMO.
bilbo
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 11:26am
bilbo,

Can't you shoot .22 pellets out of the VL also?

Gary
Blovstad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blovstad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 3:06pm
No you can't shoot pellets out of it.
SniperX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SniperX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2005 at 8:30am

I have the gun at home I will take a picture of it and hopefully I will be able to post it so yall can take a look at it and someone one can tell me a little about it..I know that it takes a clip and it has a 3/8 rail on it and at the front right under the barrel is where you cock it before you shot it, and it's not like a Marlin. And that it takes the real.22 bullets and it's not a airgun,pallet or BB gun! There were only like 500 made. I will ge the model as well. Opinions would be greatly appreciated...  

Stephanie Price
S.W.F.A Inc
SniperX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SniperX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2005 at 9:10am

Paul,

That sounds like it but when I went to take a look at it again it has a weaver 3/8 rail on it... Could this be the same gun? It does have a plastic stock!

Stephanie Price
S.W.F.A Inc
Bradman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2005 at 3:25pm
Yes I know what your talking about...I have one some where around here...
Its a bolt action daisy .22 rimfire...It can shoot .22 long rifle and .22 standard and .22 short ammo...
the case extractor broke off in the first two shots back when I bought it..
It has a octagon barrel and the butt has an adjustable legnth plate that extends out...
It can take a 5 shot magazine froma Ruger 1022 in the bottom so you can load more than one shot at a time...
and it has a 11mm scope rail on top of it..the rear site is on the rail..all you got to do is loosen the screws and slide the site off ..then mount your scope
I cant find it...
Out of all the silly TV shows out there..The Simpsons is the one that showed me how not to cuss..
DOH!!!

Edited by Bradman
Hear you now as we speak of the fall of the lord of darkness..And the return of the king of light
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2005 at 3:43pm
Blovsted

Is the barrel diameter the wrong size to shoot .22 pellets out of a VL22?

Since it is an air rifle shouldn't they work?

I know I have read articles claiming you could do it but never knew anyone who tried it.

If a pellet fits, what problems would you have trying to shoot them?

Gary
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2005 at 4:26pm

The VL is a real firearm not an airgun. The VL requires gunpowder to fire the shot, not air like a normal airgun. So you would not be able to use a .22 pellet in the VL. As far as I know.

Dustin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic