Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 1101WS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2019 at 5:46pm
My 22cal. Nitro is even harder to pull but, WOW! The difference in power and accuracy is well worth the effort.

I've come to accept that springers are what they are. I do like them. I just like them all differently. I consider myself an equal opportunity airgun owner.

Air-It-Is
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2019 at 10:15pm
I have a 22 cal mag gas-piston mega uber, and for a while it drove me mad.  Get this one, they said.  It isn't very hold dependent, they said.  Well, there were days it would be brilliant, followed by days it would all go south.  I studied different holds, articles and videos on shooting springers, how repeatable could I make my hold, the artillery hold etc.. and I'd think I had it, because it would again again brilliant.  Then, later, it would again spray pellets willy nilly.  The cycle would continue.. off days, on days.  

Eventually I figured out that there was one stock screw I had mistaken for a trigger guard screw, that was backing itself out <omfg>.  The good news was that once I tightened that, all the research and practice really paid off! ;)  I don't shoot it often, but when I do, that weight and kick is satisfying!

Then by an odd path, I came to own a D 130.  It is a complete sweetheart, and has really become one of my top go-to, never getting rid of airguns.  I had to figure out how to make the trigger a little better...  mine reminded me of your average old 25, kinda crunchy, kinda heavy, but it'll get you there.  But once I figured out how to remedy that... I really can't think of a thing that would make this gun better.  Plinking nirvana.  

And hey, you can use spring guns when it is too cold for co2!  Always a perk :) 

So yep, I have to agree.. they have a place in my collection too.  Different, different challenges, but no less enjoyable.  

FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2019 at 7:15pm
I have a Daisy 160, very cute little mini break barrel that still shoots (I need a rear sight). Treat yourself to a HW30 or Beeman R7, you'll never want another plinker gun. A child can cock these and they still do about 600 fps. Smile
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2019 at 10:18pm
I've heard nothing but good about those guns, to be sure.  Maybe some day.  Personally, I'd probably rather find a D130A, but those seem hard to come by.   

Also, worth mentioning, the D 130 is a repeater! ;)  And, I can easily and comfortably use it with gloves on colder days.  I don't think I've ever shot so many pellets through a gun so fast since ownership.   

Happy shooting to all, no matter what you shoot! 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2019 at 10:28pm
I've never seen a Dasy 130, but by all indications they're great shooters. I read they will accept a Theoben trigger, or else comes with one. All I have in my notes  (and no idea how accurate the notes are) is:

MODEL 130

1986-1987 or

1983-1985
.177 cal. break barrel pellet rifle

Made in Spain by El Gamo

Auto feed ~ 20 round tube magazine mounted on the top that automatically loads a pellet upon closing the barrel.

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2019 at 11:49pm
The 130 Repeater doesn't have the Theoben style trigger. What it has is barely better than the D25! Instead of a direct acting trigger (sear in the trigger), this one has one extra component. So, the trigger directly lifts the sear, but the sear is a different piece. I did figure out how to turn it into a sweet little single action trigger, though :)

The 130A looks like the 130 with the repeater removed. But internally it is pretty different. That includes the trigger group, which is now a Theoben style. It is also supposed to be around an 800fps gun. Why they called both the 130 is beyond me.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2019 at 12:47am
Interesting- making a note of that, thanks!
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2019 at 3:36pm
Freebird, I only have one Beeman, an RS1. I really love it. Accurate, powerful and a good looker to boot. It's not small by any means but I'm not a kid anymore(at least outwardly ;) ) so it has a special place in my group.
Air-It-Is
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2019 at 6:41pm
I agree on the power being worth the cocking effort on the gas rams, they are astonishing. I have some newly re-sealed blue streaks and I don't think I could get to 8 pumps on theseShocked I mean these things are tight! I get to about 5-6 and I'm afraid of breaking the gun in half. When my arms get fatigued or some aches and pains, I go for the Co2 rifles on the paintball tank, just keep loading and pulling the trigger.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2019 at 8:46am
HEY!! That's almost like cheating! Maybe you could duct tape the tank under the forearm. Then, use a bi-pod, with wheels.   
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic