Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 1101WS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2019 at 3:57pm
I have 10 12 round mags for this little gun, you can shoot a tin of pellets up fast. I get the tank filled for $3.50 at a sporting goods store, that's good for about 2000 shots, very inexpensive way to shoot Co2.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2019 at 5:09pm
Wow. This subject went from a particular Springer to other springers to short rifles to Co2. That is a cheap way of using Co2. None of my guns would adapt to it though.

I wish I had a good segway to bring in the comparisons of wood and synthetic stocks.   
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2019 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by BurghDude BurghDude wrote:

The 130 Repeater doesn't have the Theoben style trigger. What it has is barely better than the D25! Instead of a direct acting trigger (sear in the trigger), this one has one extra component. So, the trigger directly lifts the sear, but the sear is a different piece. I did figure out how to turn it into a sweet little single action trigger, though :)

The 130A looks like the 130 with the repeater removed. But internally it is pretty different. That includes the trigger group, which is now a Theoben style. It is also supposed to be around an 800fps gun. Why they called both the 130 is beyond me.
Isn't that more or less what a 131 is? Understand I know little to nada about these guns.

I just saw a el Gamo Expo for sale on the AA classifieds. Reputable seller, looking to get $50 + shipping. Gun looks decent, has a dent in the stock but looks like it'll steam out, at least mostly.

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2019 at 7:31pm
The 131 is a completely different gun. Both 130s have a bare steel barrel, where the 131 has a plastic shrouded barrel. It isn't as strong as the 130A, but it does has the better trigger. I understand the 131 is a really nice little gun!

My guess is the El Gamo Expo is about a 500-600 fps, non adjustable trigger gun, like the 130 repeater, but without the repeater mods. 

So, near as I can tell, given the El Gamo, the 130 Repeater could have been called the El Gamo Repeater, and the 130A should have been called the 130 :)  But that's all wags on my part, based mostly on what I can see in the pictures.  

Wood vs synthetic.. I'm good either way.  I have guns with well shaped and not so well shaped stocks out of both materials.

This is a fun, rambling thread :) 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2019 at 7:54pm
Seller says it averaged 519 fps, you can see the ad here: http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/show_ad.php?adNum=172233&adSort=&StartingAd=0&NumberOfPages=4. If I was a springer pellet gun guy I'd buy it. I've wasted $50 on less. Like all the 880 junk I've bought of eBay... smh

That said, I did just score a nice '84 880 there. Doesn't hold pressure but I got the parts I need to fix it from the fuse a while ago. It's one w/no warning/instruction billboards cast into the sides of the receiver, rifled barrel, no diamonds, and a loading port that's open on both sides. These were only made in this configuration for three years. It comes w/a little 105 Buck. I'm going to throw a modified powerplant into it, add an adjustable rear sight and maybe add a RR stock for the added LOP and it'll make a hell of a neat plinker.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2019 at 11:57pm
Aha! The 105Buck. My territory. You could adhere a dowel under the barrel and affix a forearm. Drill 2 holes and place a lanyard ring. Then you'll have a super short RR Carbine! After all that I'd be tempted to also modify the lever. Maybe even lengthen the stock. Fun, fun, fun.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2019 at 3:09am
Haha- I thought of you when I won the auction! I would definitely want more LOP if I were to keep it. Might end up flipping it, who knows. I like that forearm idea and I even have several mud-orange stained Chinese forearms that I could use. The stock needs refinished, might as well do the forearm at the same time. That's the same as what I did on my 1st modded RR w/the aj adult stock.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2019 at 3:20pm
If you want to lengthen the RR stock, try using a piece of stair tread. The stock is about 7/8" and the treads are usually 1". A little belt sanding will bring it down to an even thickness. Most of the time an additional 1.5" to 4" is comfortable enough for an adult. Solid body stain over a flat base coat of tan can help to hide the joint. Most of those orange stained guns don't have a pronounced grain color anyway.

If you're more adventurous, you could try to cut a new stock out of the tread. I've been playing with the idea of making a thumb hole stock for my RR's that way. I showed you my folding stocks, so.....anything is possible!
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic