Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 111-40 variant 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 9:09pm
Wow the silk screen logo is very faint in your pics from the gunbroker listing. From the color of the stock/forearm and how "nice" the finish looks, I'm afraid some well intentioned owner may have refinished them. I see an extra hole on the right side of the receiver as well?? And it may be the picture but the forearm looks tapered. It could be what's known in the Daisy world as a "Frankengun". It looks as though it underwent alot of serious surgery to bring it back to life. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Eaglehawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaglehawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 6:13pm
Ha...ha. Good one. Definitely not a "Frankengun."  I bought it from the original owner and the gun was cleaned up for his grandchildren to use. Yes...too bad. A blemished silk screen is clearly better than a ghost image. The gun is all original with the exception that it's missing the barrel band. The forearm stock is a bit wider than other period Red Ryder's and the extra hole on the left side of the receiver is actually the nub end of the saddle ring that runs through the receiver similar to other Red Ryder's of the day. Thanks for everyone's comments. All are very much appreciated. Not many places to go to seek the expertise and advice of other airgun enthusiasts.  
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 7:34pm
Sometimes my fingers type faster than my brain works. :(  
Of course that's the rivet for the saddle ring. Hope you get a good price on your auction. Good luck!
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2015 at 3:22pm
I am very interested in see a photo of the gun and stock.  You can send photos to daisybbgunner@aol.com.  Thank you!
Gary Garber
daisybbgunner@aol.com

oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2015 at 6:12pm
Gary, here are the pictures on Gunbroker.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2015 at 10:49am
From just those pictures to go on, I'm not too sure about this gun. Somebody did a good deal of work on it.
rexron911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexron911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2017 at 9:34am
I too need any info and pictures to compare to my 111-40 RR variation 3 I just found. Can someone help

dennis65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2017 at 11:08am
can you send me some pictures of your gun I have some pictures of my buddys gun we can talk from there dennis at bbgunking1@yahoo.com thank you
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2017 at 8:17pm
What's strange is when I do an overlay of a period RR over the silkscreened one on GB, the stock on the silkscreened gun comes up about 1/2" or so shorter. Not that doing an overlay like that is conclusive, and not to disparage the gun nor it's current or previous owners in any way whatsoever- just something worth measuring is all.
rexron911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexron911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2017 at 8:55am
Dennis here is the auction I bought it off of. Let me know what you think.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/666277767
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic