Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 140 Defender Military Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas1836 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 140 Defender Military Rifle
    Posted: March-02-2021 at 3:10pm
I posted this earlier on the "Daisy Products" forum but wanted to post here on the Daisy Airguns forum where I probably should have posted in the first place!

I have a nice old Daisy 140 Defender Military Rifle that won't cock. The plunger will not engage the shear at all. The parts appear to all be there with no significant wear or breakage on any.  I don't know if I'm making an assembly error or if something else is going on. If anyone has experience with these old Daisy 140's I will appreciate your advice. Thanks
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2021 at 12:13am
Removed- it was unrelated to the problem.
Texas1836 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas1836 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2021 at 3:11pm
I figured it out. I simply squeezed a little on the trigger with pliers and slightly bent it in to keep the sear from falling and that solved to problem. Shoots with authority now! I knew it had to be something simple. Thanks for your advise and support Colbalt327.
Rhomsey01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhomsey01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2021 at 7:31pm
You have the authentic 140 strap with your gun? Will pay up to $175 for a nice 140 strap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic