Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 1894 Mare's Leg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2019 at 7:22am
HAhaha. As Bavaria mentioned above, the model 1892 he used was chambered for pistol rounds.(44-40) It probably would have held 4-6 of them. That big bandoleer with long rifle rounds (45-70) was most likely for visual effect..... and to give us something to discuss!
Air-It-Is
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2019 at 5:13pm
Talk about lefties and nightie's. The Rifleman shot his from both sides
Stevec
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2019 at 9:33pm
Was Chuck Connors a switch hitter?  He played first in the Dodgers farm system for a season.
Be Prepared
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2019 at 7:30am
Don't know about Connors' being ambidextrous but the only time I recall his shooting RH was in the opening credits. I was always impressed that he could spin a Winchester full circle without hitting himself in the face!!    

All this Mare's Leg talk has made me try a few new things, so I'm working on a Leg that is an improvement over my old design. It is more difficult to construct but if it works it will be my new favorite. I'll let yinz all know soon (I hope).
Air-It-Is
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2019 at 8:38am
Looking forward to some pictures if it works out.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2019 at 2:03pm
Sounds interesting for sure!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Airitis Airitis wrote:

Originally posted by MarvMar MarvMar wrote:

There is one (an 1894) on e-bay right now...with a really neat holster. The owner admitted he broken the feed tab....can't imagine how he ever intended to shrink that feed mechanism down into his cut off barrel.
I have "customized" and sold on e-bay 5 or 6 1938B Red Ryders in the past several weeks. Takes about an hour...cut off the barrel, shorten the stock...drill a hole to load the  BBs...re-insert the plastic muzzle...done. 

I've taken a section out of a 105Buck's barrel, reattach the front (with the original loading gate) to the cut piece. A sleeve over the joint or inside the joint to conceal it. Then use a dowel for the fake magazine. Cut the stock. A little paint.
Oh yeah, using a piece of 4" ABS plumbing coupler makes the lever loop.

Your way sounds a lot easier.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 4:41pm

[/IMG] [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

These are pix of a new one I just finished. The body is from a RR with 6" taken out of the middle, a shortened muzzle and magazine tube, home made front sight band and an elongated forearm (3"added to the rear). I couldn't resist using a BUCK stock instead of cutting one from scratch. The butt plate is from a piece of aluminum plate. I found that when you strip the orange stain the wood looks decent. Why they don't let it shine through is beyond me! Thanks, Mark, for posting these. It's always fun seeing one's own stuff in the forum.

Making this was a little more tedious but lots of fun.
Air-It-Is
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2019 at 8:34am
Fantastic job. With the wood running almost to the muzzle and the straight grip it looks a lot more like the original than one made of all Red Ryder parts.
Gary
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2019 at 7:22pm
Thanks Gary. I'm working on another using just Red Ryder parts and a few I'll make from scratch, like the sight band. (actually a pink model 1998) I'm hoping the stock will be more convincing if I cut it right and add the butt plate. I'll also loop the cocking lever. If you're interested, I can email a picture or two to you as soon as I have it done. I would really like your opinion. or
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic