Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 1938B 75th Anniversary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 1938B 75th Anniversary
    Posted: April-28-2017 at 2:32pm
Several years ago (2014) I purchased subject item from the Daisy Museum, and today finally got around to opening the package.  I always prepare a 3x5 card for each specimen, and I became somewhat confused because I could not find a serial or Lot number on the barrel.  Not wanting to disturb anything on  the air rifle I called the friendly folks at the Daisy Museum and following their suggestion, I removed the forearm, and sure enough, there were two interesting observations:

the first was a white sticker, "Made in China."

the second was a stamped number 0914S, with no prefix or suffix except for the S.

I am using the SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) system to put forth that the signifigance of that number and alpha character is that the air rifle was manufacured September 2014 - 0914; however am stymied about the S.

Has anyone else purchased a 75th Anniversary model, and if so, what is your experience pertaining to a serial or lot number?

Under sparate cover I am going to write up the 130th Anniversary Model No 25.
semper fi
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 1:40pm
willielumplump, did you ever figure out what the "S" suffix represents?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic