Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leatherlung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 200
    Posted: February-08-2021 at 3:22am
Morning

I have an old Daisy 200 my dad bought when he was a kid. It leaks Co2, and is missing a spring. I know a lot of people think their junk and not worth fixing, but I would like to try to get it working so maybe someday I could give it to my son. Any help would be appreciated.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2021 at 5:49pm
lots of YT videos on this one, I have brought a few back from the dead, some I could not. They are a pretty simple mechanism, the hard plastic seals are the thing that is not easily or possible to repair.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2021 at 6:10pm
pelle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2021 at 9:16pm
I am in a similar position and have seen all these links but can't slide the assembly out of the frame to get going. It moves but binds up on something
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2021 at 11:58pm
I use a narrow piece of clear plastic cut from a grocery store food container (baked goods, vegetables, etc.) to use as a kind of shoe horn. The idea is to insert the plastic from the rear so the spring that is above the shuttle or elevator (which ever you want to call it) will ride on the plastic strip as the valve body/barrel assembly is slid out of the gun. Also, be sure the spring-loaded BB follower isn't hanging up. It's kind of tricky to get everything situated. but when things are right, it will come apart w/o any undue force. Usually, a gun that has been carelessly disassembled will have a ruined elevator spring, and it will need to be replaced to get the gun to work.
pelle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2021 at 7:01pm
Thanks Cobalt, I recognize your handle from reading about this pistol. I got it out by pushing on the elevator with a screwdriver. I got work to do now, wish me luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic