Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 753 part question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goatdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 753 part question
    Posted: March-11-2017 at 5:18pm
I just performed the Daisy 753 trigger job (which turned out great).  The trigger, while no match trigger is 100% better than it was stock.   Question is I had a part fall out when separating the action from the stock.  It's about 1/4" square.   What is it and where does it go?   Parts diagrams I found on-line do not show this part.

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2017 at 7:34pm
Looks like a barrel spacer to me. Is it rounded on the underside as well? Maybe with a larger radius? In any event it may serve to stabilize the barrel. Sorry I cant be more help. I've never taken down a 753. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2017 at 8:35pm

I just ordered a used 853 from CMP so I had downloaded info ahead of time. I remembered seeing that part- but it took a while to find where it was I saw it! Was good to go back thru the info I pulled off the internet, so it's all good. 

Below is slide #22 from CMP PowerPoint document:

www.thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/853Repair.ppt

"The barrel seal fits between the valve body and frame where the frame gets smaller toward the front lever pin opening.  This part will fall away when you take off frame."

goatdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goatdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2017 at 2:54am
Ok thanks I found this reference also.   http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/853seal.htm
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2017 at 11:27am
You're welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic