Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 814 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randtheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 814 problem
    Posted: November-13-2017 at 8:49pm
Live in Chicago and my cousin gave me a Daisy 814 Sporter. Looks brand new BUT the BB's only go about a foot. Dried out seals ????. is it repareable and who does repairs near Chicago.
Daisy Collector
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 9:37am
Might try a little 30 weight non-detergent oil on it or some Crosman PellGun oil.
If that does not restore the power someone here can probably find a repair shop for you.
Gary
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 8:44pm
JG Airguns is up that way, I don't know if they do repairs or not though.
Daily shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 12:00am
Check YouTube for Daisy model 914,814, 840. They are all the same except for exterior.
There are great videos on disassembly and repair. Power is controlled by two o rings. An easy
Fix once you get it apart. I favor the 30 wt. non -detergent oil as thicker the better on those o rings.
I recently got a 814 from eBay and after a thorough cleaning and oiling and a little fat black paint,
I'm very happy with it. Shoots at 415fps too. You can do it!          
Tom
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2017 at 4:10pm
The achilles heel of the 814, and all other similar Daisy's, is that clear plastic valve body. I had an 814 tha refused to be resealed. Did a very carefull going over of the valve and noticed a small hairline crack in it. Hope that is not the problem you face.

All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic