Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 880 20th anniversary edition help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 880 20th anniversary edition help
    Posted: June-13-2012 at 4:56am
I was recently given a daisy model 88, metal reciever. After doing some research online I have pinpointed it down to the 20th anniversary edition. The problem I face with it is that the previous owner was very rough on the gun. Most of the parts I can get from daisy. The pieces I need that I will not be able to acquire however are the front forearms for both sides. The ones I currently have look like heat was applied, the plastic melted. The forearms are a brownish wood grain color. The white diamond has a black inner color. these are not painton, the white diamond piece appears to be plastic. 
The more you know the stronger you are.
BBGun Bob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBGun Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 9:26am
If its a 880 20th Anniversary model it should look like this.
There not worth a lot of money as a collector piece as far as I'm concerned.
I own a mint 20th 880 and for what I could sell it for I would rather keep it.

Take-a-look

6.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/reschlund/880L.jpg[/IMG]

BBGun Bob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBGun Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 9:32am
more pic's

oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 1:48pm
I have to agree with BBGun Bob, nice air rifle but not worth much.
Ejwills
PeterEvans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 11:56pm
Ok it looks like that, somewhat. the stock and forearm grips are the same color. That's where the similarities end though. I'm trying to locate the forearm grips to replace the ones on this model. Any suggestions? Also perhaps a bit of insight the gun does not seem to pump up very well. I noticed that it does not matter how many pumps I put into it, the pressure stays the same. After taking it apart completely and wiping off some of the excess grease it seems to have improved but only slightly. Suggestions?
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 6:16pm
What do you mean by "That's where the similarities end"? Pictures would help.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 6:20pm
If you have to tear it down this may help.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
acmebeer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acmebeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 6:24pm
Go to JG Airguns LLC. Daisy, parts, and the model # you want. They have the parts you are looking for. If your gun shoots weak, you might need to replace the seals. Pump the gun 7 to 8 times, do you hear a hissing sound? If so you need to replace the seals. Hope this helps.
Dan.
PeterEvans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 12:02am
I'm going to apologize in advance for the pictures. It's a cell phone camera that took these.

Thanks whizzer for the link. I looked it over and that was rather informative. As to the pressure issue I think It's primarily that the previous owner never cleaned it. the grease inside is a real dark black and it's nasty. I plan on tearing it apart cleaning and polishing up the internals then re-oiling.
@acmedan no oddly enough what I get is when I attempt to pump the rifle the first pump feels like it should. Solid, fluid. the pumps after that however there is a large amount of suction on the handle itself and when I draw the plunger out I don't seem to be adding any air into the tank after the first pump. I'm going to be out of my state for 8 days after I post this. So I'll try to get back after that and let you know the progress.
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 11:17am
Did you try some Pellgun oil[or 30wt ND oil] on the felt wiper in the cocking slot?
Ejwills.
Ejwills
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic