Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 894 Cork Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 894 Cork Gun
    Posted: August-01-2015 at 10:21pm
Hi Daisy folks , has anyone know anything about these , I got one awhile back in great shape , picked up some 1/2" cork balls , loaded it up and ....jammed , took it all apart ( not that much fun ) and found a wooden ball stuck in the rear of the barrel , got it out and loaded it up again and ....jammed again , got it out , the gun seems to feed right , work right and makes a loud crack noise but just won't shoot those corks and seems to not build up enough pressure to shoot them even if I muzzle load them , I have to assume that it suffers from the same problem as the 1894's with the tapered barrel housings , just looking for advise and if anyone knows a ball park value for this gun in great shape but as far as I know doesn't shoot , thanks for any insight .
DannoP View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2015 at 8:10am
Well I did the oil treatment on this and still no power yet - any idea's and I have someone interested in trading or buying it and looking for any information on a good price - thanks .
trekman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2015 at 5:20pm
I have the same rifle and tried to shoot 1/2" cork balls and had the same problem with jamming.  I think it shoots balls that are slightly smaller then 1/2' Being that cork balls from Daisy for this rifle do not exist the only thing to do is shoot it with out any ammo. 
I happen to find a closed auction where an identical rifle sold for $86.00  It had 6 bids and the auction started at $75.00  The description said it may or may not shoot because of not having any cork balls. 

This is the only value info I could find in my search.     
Tom
DannoP View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2015 at 11:09am
Hi Trekman , sorry in so long in thanking you for the information , I lost count of this thread , good advise , I even put a cork ball down the muzzle and still no pop , think it needs a new seal , it sounds like I paid too much for the gun but it is pretty cool none the less and if anyone needs corks I got mine from Widgetco , they work great in the model 25 and the Target Master 177 with the cork shot tube - fit perfect , I have someone whom is very good at re-building the 1894's so I think I will trade him , I just am not one to have things around for looks - they need to shoot and I am wise enough to know my limitations on re-building guns like these , thanks again for the info and take care .
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2015 at 11:56am
Did Daisy make a cork gun and a pop gun version of the 1894?
John in New Brunswic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in New Brunswic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2015 at 2:28pm
They did, I think it was the model 894 mentioned above and it shot the round corks. If you're lucky enough to find one, they made a complete trap shooting kit with the same model also. I believe you stepped (or stomped) on a rubber bellows that launched the target.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2015 at 10:21pm
Thanks, I have one someplace but I think it is just the pop gun.
John in New Brunswic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in New Brunswic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2015 at 1:00am
They no doubt made both. After some quick research I found a model 894 C-B which was the trap model. Either are probably quite scarce.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2015 at 10:26pm
I dug mine out. I think it said 964 (?). It is not a repeater, the loading gate is not movable and may not have even shot corks, probably just a pop gun.
It has a shorter barrel and stock than a regular 1894. It does not have the holes for the saddle ring.
It is missing the front sight/band/muzzle.
Is the 864 cork gun a 'regular' sized gun or short one?
DannoP View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2015 at 12:19pm
My cork gun is a 894 and is smaller than a 1894 but a dead ringer , has the loading port and holds I guess maybe 8 or 10 of the round corks , all works but won't push air as it has the tapered air tube like the 1894 and thus has the same problem - shrunk seal , these kids must have been pretty strong then as I don't think the gun is any lighter to cock than it's big brother and I bet it really sent those corks flying .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic