Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Daisy 965-55Cork ball training rifle, Date, Price?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 965-55Cork ball training rifle, Date, Price?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cw2021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 965-55Cork ball training rifle, Date, Price?
    Posted: January-10-2021 at 7:14pm
Good evening all,

So I also have another gun from my Dad's estate. The stock and forearm are plastic. The 'Daisy Red Ryder  Cork Carbine' is on the left side of the stock. The front sight is peened. The back sight is fixed. The cocking lever is aluminum as it is not magnetic. There are no cracks and the cocking lever works. It has a fake hammer. The top screw is a square bolt shape. There is some engraving in the cocking lever including three stars. It is somewhat scratched up The butt plate reads "I pledge myself to protect people, animals and property in my community by always aiming and shooting my rifle safely"

Thank you for any assistance you can share in identifying this rifle.
Conrad
CJW
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2021 at 2:37pm
Daisy first offered the No. 965 in their 1954 catalog. It was named the "Daisy Red Ryder Cork Ball Carbine."  The 965-55 cork ball rifle was sold during the first part of 1955. Each gun came with a fancy leather pouch for the cork ball ammo.  These guns sold for $4.98 retail. I think Daisy continued to sell this gun, but not with the Red Ryder name.
Gary Garber
daisybbgunner@aol.com

jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2021 at 12:08am
Conrad, thanks for your post... I love this cork ball gun. I have two of the Red Ryder 965s, but looking for the Western Cork Carbine 965.   It was made in 1954/55 and I think thru 1956. Some with a sling, others without.  In 1956 they marketed the Western Carbine Cork Rifle (see 1956 Ad pic below).  What I like about this cork ball gun , not only did it shoot a cork ball with power, it also made a loud pop!!  I mean a load a pop!!  And Smoke.. My grandsons love to shoot this.   In really nice condition and if it has the sling, and the red Daisy plastic plug on the end of the magazine tube,,, maybe $75.
Regards, Rick

Aim Straight
cw2021 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cw2021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2021 at 6:05pm
Thank you for the reply Rick. Unfortunately it does not have the sling nor the red plug. It is a little scratched up from to much playing:). Love the history.
CJW
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2021 at 11:06pm
Conrad,  Thanks for post,   Oil the sucker up, get some cork balls and shoot it.  It is a blast (pun intended)...  Rick
Aim Straight
keenkutterrick View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2021 at 6:11pm
I have the 1894 corkball skeet shooting Outfit in the box. Really cool piece. They maxes a 10 ft. version and a 15 ft.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2021 at 10:31pm
Rick,  I have one also but can not find the right bladder to put on the skeet throw mech that will make it work...  bummer.  All I have tried are too rigid..  if you know what I mean.  The one  bladder you step on to launch the skeet target is OK... 
Rick
Aim Straight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic