Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 99

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randtheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 99
    Posted: November-13-2017 at 8:52pm
Have a used Daisy 99 as a gift, but how do you load the BB's ??? ( do you drop one ata time down the tube ??)
Daisy Collector
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2017 at 10:29pm
Your model 99 could have, depending on what version you have, a spring loaded removable shot tube, or a gravity feed removable shot tube, or a gravity feed non removable shot tube. It's not a single shot, but it can be shot by dropping a single BB down the barrel. However with all but the non removable shot tube model, the BB will roll back out of the shot tube if the barrel is pointed downward. The non removable model has a small magnet that holds the BB in position. 

The spring loaded shot tube model needs the shot tube to be removed for reloading by unscrewing it CCW. The shot tube spring follower is retracted and locked into a detent to expose the hole in the shot tube for reloading, then released before reinstalling the shot tube into the gun. It holds 50 BBs. Be aware that a BB will roll out of this gun when the loaded shot tube is replaced into the gun- this is normal.

The gravity feed model will have a round loading port on the top of the shroud, the hole is about the diameter of a pea and is covered by a plug that's attached to the shot tube in such a way that the loading port is uncovered and covered when the end cap of the barrel is turned. This type does not need the shot tube to be removed for loading, just fill through the hole after rotating the barrel plug to uncover the loading port. No need to overfill- about 300 BBs will be fine.

The NON removable shot tube model will have a sliding loading door on the muzzle end of the outer barrel 'shroud'. It will also have a loaded chamber viewing port on the top of the receiver towards the middle of the gun. These two distinctive features are hard to miss. To load, the door is pressed inward at the top and slid upward to open it. Fill through the rectangular opening, about 300 BBs will be fine. 

Good luck!
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2017 at 11:16pm
Nice detailed answer.  The model 99 I have uses a model 25 shot tube that must be unscrewed and removed from the gun to load as you described as the spring loaded one.
Pat
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2017 at 11:35pm
That gun you have is the one I'd like to have myself. The closest I've come to it is to use the model 25 shot tube in my older gravity feed model 96. The gravity feed guns have a slightly shorter outer barrel shroud than your gun, so it takes a 3/16" spacer under the shot tube cap to allow the shot tube to tighten to the barrel shroud but otherwise it works real good. In every gun I've replaced the gravity feed shot tube with a spring loaded model 25 shot tube, I've seen an increase in MV. Exactly how much depends on what the other modifications (if any) have been done to the gun- guns that are modified to shoot harder gain more fps than a stock gun. IIRC the least increase I've seen was about 25 fps, the most was about 50 fps and accuracy is better to boot.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2017 at 5:40pm
Just heard mention of a model 99 that's supposed to be a single shot like the model 499. I will look into it further.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic