Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Bell Target NO. 77-B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 3:03pm

These are supposed to be original bell target and box. I donated these two items to the Daisy Museum many years ago, but kept photos of them. I think they still reside in the museum to this day.

While not the best examples, they were all I had ever been able to acquire.

Friend of the Daisy Museum #353

Being a kid with a Daisy-priceless
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 5:21pm
What puzzles me is why someone would go thru the time and money to do this. Not like they would be making big dollars on it. Always wanted to sell mine but would have to be honest about it and figured it wasn't worth it. Don't think I could get any where near the 90.00 bucks I paid for it. Hopefully Iceman did not pay that much for his.
Stevec

Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 9:57pm
I also purchased 2 of the fakes many years back however, I felt like they were fakes and the guy selling them I think knew it also. I paid $30 each for them which I thought was fair to display each of them. They looked good however, they were missing the pat. numbers which were present on my originals.
The guy selling them told me he bought a case of them thinking they were Daisy originals.
He did not say how many were in the case of them or what he paid he was just trying sell some so I bought 2.
He was selling them on eBay and the listing did not say they were original Daisy however, until I asked he still really did not admit they were reproductions. He said I should should judge for myself. I questioned the missing pat. numbers and he then admitted he did not know for sure. He never really admitted they were reproductions however, I knew or felt and still do think they are reproductions.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
jackdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 11:47pm
Ways to identify this repro: Metal bell target is painted black rather than blued and does not have the patent date like the original as mentioned before. Repro box is too tall for the metal target,  plus the target cards are too large for the Bell Target.  The acid in the paper targets after 80+ years will make the box and targets white areas  brown or beige.  If not they are fake also...
The repro bell targets, box and targets were made and sold by esnarf..... you can google them on the web.
Or use this link to go directly to the esnarf web page  http://www.esnarf.com/5670k.htm

Aim Straight
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2020 at 9:10am
Wow  Just ordered one of those repro targets. Couldn't help myself. I can't believe someone would go through the time and trouble to tool these things up. Will compare it to the other two.  Won't be reluctant to shoot at this one.
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2020 at 2:18pm
Well my new bell target came today and I did a little comparison. Probably not made by Daisy but how can you really tell? The targets look real too but they are on a white stock while all the other ones I have are tan. Even the box looks good but no age to it. Not bad for the money and like I said I won't be reluctant to shoot at this one.

jackdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2020 at 7:25pm
Thumbs Up  Good for shootin practice at least!
Aim Straight
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2020 at 5:02pm
Not for me. I paid 90.00 bucks for that thing years ago. I ain't gonna scratch that thing up LOL
Stevec
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2020 at 10:01am
I thought that I would provide everyone an update.  I contacted the seller to inform him that this item appears to be a reproduction.  He was extremely understanding, accepted a return and refunded my payment in full.  This type of transaction certainly is a great example for all of us to appreciate and emulate as we do business.  There are great people out there!  I would also like to take this opportunity to state that I really enjoy and appreciate all those people who contribute to this site.  It certainly makes this hobby enjoyable.  I always look forward to logging onto this site each day to learn something new from my fellow members.  Have a Great Day!

Star    
jackdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2020 at 11:33pm
Iceman glad you got your money back and you were dealing with an honest seller.  Many are.  But there are some out there that are not..........

As I said in previous post these were sold by esnarf and are reproductions..  They even try to very shrewdly indicate they are not actual Daisy products.  Hidden down in their very eloborate description of this target they say its a reproduction in a vague way...
Link to product page  http://www.esnarf.com/5670k.htm

Here is a portion of the product description form esnarf... Note the vague reference to "not a Target box made by Daisy" and "Not Old!"   Never says its a reproduction, but they tried to cover their......   Use the link I provided above if you want to see the whole product pitch...   FYI, Rick

See Photos Below

The solid steel face plate is almost 1/8 inch thick. This is not a target box made by Daisy, but a solidly built system. All heavy gauge steel target support frame and "Bulls Eye" bell mechanism that captures the BB's. Never shot at, No BB dings, No scratches, Not old! There are a few small age spots of minor insignificant surface oxidation patina (rust), scarcely noticeable (See Photo Above).

Aim Straight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic