Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy CO2 200 trigger doesnt pull

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy CO2 200 trigger doesnt pull
    Posted: April-14-2019 at 5:57pm
I bought this at an auction, looks real nice but I cant shoot it. When you pull the trigger it feels like the safety is on, no matter if you push the safety in either direction. Looks acts and feels like the safety is working correctly but the trigger just wont pull. Any ideas? I thought that maybe a BB had gotten loose in the gun somehow and lodged in such a way as to cause this, but it doesnt look like that is it. 

On youtube I looked at several videos on the gun and one guy had lost a cone shaped spring that makes the trigger work, it has a pin that sticks out of the top in front of the rear sight. Mine does not have that pin, not that it is missing, it is not supposed to be there.
RD Davis
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2019 at 6:40pm
Hello!

Must be the season.. I wound up buying a 200 yesterday at a gun show.  

One thing that isn't obvious about the gun is that it has a latch that prevents firing if there aren't any bbs in the magazine.  The way to fake that out is to simply slide the magazine follower forward like there is a bb in there.  With the safety off and the follower forward, it should fire.

I wasn't aware that there were two fairly distinct versions of the 200 till the one I just bought.  The first version has the pin visible on the top, but the second version doesn't seem to have any such pin.  I haven't been inside this gun to figure out how you're supposed to seat that elevator spring without it.  But I have a feeling I'm headed that way, because it does leak.  

Best of luck!

RD Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by BurghDude BurghDude wrote:

Hello!

Must be the season.. I wound up buying a 200 yesterday at a gun show.  

One thing that isn't obvious about the gun is that it has a latch that prevents firing if there aren't any bbs in the magazine.  The way to fake that out is to simply slide the magazine follower forward like there is a bb in there.  With the safety off and the follower forward, it should fire.

I wasn't aware that there were two fairly distinct versions of the 200 till the one I just bought.  The first version has the pin visible on the top, but the second version doesn't seem to have any such pin.  I haven't been inside this gun to figure out how you're supposed to seat that elevator spring without it.  But I have a feeling I'm headed that way, because it does leak.  

Best of luck!

Be very careful when you take it apart, everyone on youtube talks about how easy it is to ruin or lose that cone shaped spring when you seperate the top, and how it is impossible to find a new one.

RD Davis
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2019 at 11:29am
Here are a few links to some info:

RD Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2019 at 7:37am
Thanks Cobalt.
RD Davis
Riseandrun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riseandrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2021 at 4:51pm
any solutions to the trigger issues? I’m dealing with one myself…
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic