Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Encyclopedia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2017 at 3:23pm
As my Brit wife's Dad would say....."There's none so queer as folk."
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 8:21pm
Some time ago, I mentioned to Gary Garber that his book could easily sell for $1000 one day; seems that I was not far off

semper fi
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 1:32pm
I saved up for one but I guess I need to keep saving.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2017 at 3:19pm

My just released reprint 3rd Edition:

Gary was nice enough to sign it.

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2017 at 9:11am
And you don't have to spend $500 to get one!--

All,
The book An Encyclopedia of Daisy Plymouth Guns is again available for purchase directly from the author.  This is a reprint of the third edition.  All of the ones currently available are hard backs.  There is a new chapter on BBs, which is written by Bob Boccaccio, the premier expert on air rifle shot.  The price is $140, plus $16.95 for USPS Priority, insured shipping (the book weighs about five pounds).  If interested, please send a money order for $156.95 to:
Gary Garber
P.O. Box 1682
Collierville, TN 38017-1682
You can email inquiries to:  bbgunbook@aol.com
Gary Garber
gladiator View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gladiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2017 at 10:37am
Some of the Prices that show up on ebay are unbelieveable  there was a Benjamin 342 NIB that went for over $1800 and I sold mine NIB for $200.00
old collector shooter
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2017 at 8:26am
EBay certainly is a place to get top dollar. But with their restrictions most people can't sell there.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2017 at 9:16pm
Seems to be no real rhyme or reason why some sellers can but others cannot sell air guns there. IIRC, someone mentioned the seller's 'status' being a factor (maybe referring to power sellers, or something along those lines?) but I've seen BB guns being sold- complete and advertised as such- by sellers having far less than 'power seller' ranking. In fact I just bought a nearly mint 107 from just such a seller. Go figure...
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2017 at 7:43pm
A friend of mine, that is definitely not a big time seller, lists and sells his airguns on fleabay. they have loosened their restrictions recently. You still have to jump through hoops but it may be worth it. He just sold a bog standard Cr 350 for $455!!! It simply kept bidding up. Ego is a funny and sometimes detrimental thing..........unless you are on the selling end.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic